Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
According to both parties, Failbetter and Kennedy are cool with each other now. Far be it from me to boycott an awfully good indie game when no one involved in a 4-year-old dispute apparently wants me to :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

I hadn't heard that--last I read about it was back when there was apparently (according to Kennedy) some dispute about whether he technically still owned a large stake of Failbetter. What are the statements about things being cool?

This is what I read:

https://www.eurogamer.net/sunless-sea-studio-failbetter-games-reaches-mutally-agreeable-settlement-with-former-creative-director

Obviously 'all their disputes' and 'long-standing disagreements' are vague but they must include the sexual harassment, right? That was almost all they argued about publicly

Like I'm not dying on the hill of defending a workplace sexual harasser, this just seemed pretty definitive

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

If it were some huge company, that would be one thing. But the only named accusers were all (both?) longtime Failbetter employees, right? And Olivia Wood was quite senior after Kennedy left. The women and the company issued statements against Kennedy at the same time, supporting one another, etc. It's pretty intuitive to closely associate a small indie game company and its employees when they're all saying the same thing.