Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
~*electron apps*~

slack is hot garbage. upgrade to a paid plan to see your personal conversation history. what?

want to skip to the most recent posts in the convo? gently caress you! unless we decided you're too far back.

probably the most annoying bug for me is if you click a notification, the app comes to the foreground, but doesn't get focus. so I'll start typing but it's not going anywhere, so I have to click the app again

great product 5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

much like your posting

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

how are things in the panda mx red world? are you killing it in making figgies??

fake edit: this is now the sliver acorn appreciate station nazi punks gently caress off ok

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lmao if you aren't running enterprise grid

recently someone tried to create a channel with over 200,000 employees in it. all i can say is the member limit should be set far, far lower

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
OP sounds pretty broke.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

OP sounds pretty broke.

dont sign

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

slack is a syn

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
just get your company to use IRC, it's the same thing if you just weirukndslfklnwpoej

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its slow as poo poo and the 'threads' are disgusting

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
we use slack at work just for the cj dept. mostly suits are needs, nice to have a chat service easily accessible from our cell phones. seems like it goes down too often if it was used for big pants purposes though

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
way way more fuckin stable than Azaleos cloud-hosted Lync was in 2012 though. lordy that was a big hot mess

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

some people I work with wanted me to join a slack channel they set up for a project I’ve been roped in to. Mother fucker just email me like everyone else

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

slack is great if your business is so unimportant that a third party data mining your conversations to sell user data doesnt matter

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

slack like my nut sacks

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

slack like sleeve of wizard

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Sack like my nut slacks

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

a co worker told me on friday that him and his wife have a two person free tier slack setup for all of their private convos and i still have not recovered.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Bloody posted:

slack is great if your business is so unimportant that a third party data mining your conversations to sell user data doesnt matter

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
slack is insanely stupid

just use IRC or Jabber you little millennial shits

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

my bitter bi rival posted:

a co worker told me on friday that him and his wife have a two person free tier slack setup for all of their private convos and i still have not recovered.

i have one for my group of friends and me and my wife just have a 1 on 1 private chat about normal stuff.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my bitter bi rival posted:

is he the guy in the /r/relationships thread who makes his wife file tickets for things like doing the laundry or unloading the dishwasher

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

is he the guy in the /r/relationships thread who makes his wife file tickets for things like doing the laundry or unloading the dishwasher

:stonklol:

tbh that sounds valleybro as hell

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

lifehack, grade your personal relationships based on velocity metrics

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

just use irc

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hifi posted:

just use irc

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Poopernickel posted:

lifehack, grade your personal relationships based on velocity metrics

i can run a 10 minute mile

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lancemantis posted:

:stonklol:

tbh that sounds valleybro as hell

found it

quote:

I [32F] am being forced by my husband [33 M] of 3 years to file bug reports??

My husband is an engineer, and we’ve been together for 3 years, and bought a house together last year. He’s always been a tinkerer and I’ve been fine with it but lately it has gotten out of hand. It started with a smart lock. I don’t know why I regular lock wasn’t fine, we live in a safe neighbourhood, on the 7th floor in an apartment. I don’t think I’ve ever worried about a break in, but now I need to pull my phone out to unlock a door instead of my keys, and the app is buggy and crashing constantly. He keeps telling me how much better it is because we can remotely unlock our doors, but why would I ever need to do that? When the battery runs out I have to end up using a key anyway, so I don’t get the point of this thing, but fine. I lived with it.

Next came the smart TV. It never worked. It was connected to some type of raspberry thing, constantly breaking down. Every time I would ask him for help he got frustrated with me, as if I had done something wrong? I’ve since given up and just watch Netflix on my iPad (which he hates for some reason).

Next he installed smart lightbulbs in the house so we can set them using our phones. Except I have an iphone and he bought some brand that only works with Android and he has to spend hours manually configuring them all the time. I don’t know why he didn’t go with a brand that works with iphones but he said that he doesn’t trust them. I told him as long as I can turn the lights off with the wall switch I’m happy, but now those don’t even work anymore. I am literally sitting at home in the dark, calling him so he can turn the lights on for me. He keeps telling me I should get an android so I can use the app but I don’t want to lose my iphone.

Last week he told me that I can’t call him anymore when I’m having problems with the tech throughout the house, and I have to file a bug report on some git website. I told him I refuse to have to fill some online form just to get the lights working but he refuses to listen to me. I don’t know what to do, I’m at my wits end.

I’ve tried reasoning with him, but he’s convinced this is the better way. I don’t know how much longer I can stay.

tl;dr: My husband has gone home-automation crazy and won’t let me just turn the lights on with a switch. How do I get him to stop?

i guess it was just filing bug reports for all the horrible broken nerd technology in the house and i just confused it with the other manchildren things like the guy whose wife made him sign a contract to stop buying funko pops or the many, many, many dorks who end up with their wife implementing video game time good boy coupon systems like they're six years old

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 4, 2018

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

found it

i guess it was just filing bug reports for all the horrible broken nerd technology in the house and i just confused it with the other manchildren things like the guy whose wife made him sign a contract to stop buying funko pops or the many, many, many dorks who end up with their wife implementing video game time good boy coupon systems like they're six years old

i would show up on the evening news if i lived with that guy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Skim Milk posted:

how are things in the panda mx red world? are you killing it in making figgies??

fake edit: this is now the sliver acorn appreciate station nazi punks gently caress off ok

I’m getting by

still enjoying my budget keyb with reds, kinesis freestyle edge is on my wishlist

looking into buying a condo soon. I’m out of my depth

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

i would show up on the evening news if i lived with that guy

there are like 3 of these posts a week on imgur

https://imgur.com/gallery/oG2S0V5

how does your life go so loving wrong

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

there are like 3 of these posts a week on imgur

https://imgur.com/gallery/oG2S0V5

how does your life go so loving wrong

lol at getting owned by the wife so hard in your gaming dungeon, and also being so basic it's a shrine to mario

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

eschaton posted:

slack is insanely stupid

just use IRC or Jabber you little millennial shits

Slack is fine you greybeard

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

slack more like

wack

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
why not use something other than slack

like you don't even have to use irc it could be literally anything else

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Poniard posted:

slack more like

wack

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

George posted:

why not use something other than slack

like you don't even have to use irc it could be literally anything else

Thanks for the advice, I'm downloading Skype now.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Salt Fish posted:

Thanks for the advice, I'm downloading Skype now.

literally a million times better than slack

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

nerds loving hate slack and it's glorious

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i love slack. it works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George