Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
OP sounds pretty broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i seriously dont understand why people actively _hate_ slack.
Are you sure yall dont hate chatops and you're just flailing at the shiniest manifestation?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

why does it take like 15 seconds to switch workspaces on the "desktop" "client"

there's a timeout, i know what you're talking about, i wanna say if you dont check a slack in a couple hours it has to 'reload'

I switch frequently between four slacks all day and it happens in under one second if they stay loaded. Faster computer methinks?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

my org uses Skype but they are trying to get us to use Zoom instead

i mean, zoom's a thing, but if you have anything that is non ephemeral, it's going to suck really bad. it serves a diff purpose from slack/hipchat/etc

slack is nice b/c you can search that poo poo for when somebody mentioned this obscure server or code function last 11 months ago

99% of our communications is slack and zoom. the latter is hooked up to all the conference room ipads and such and our google calendars. i do not mind it. but we definitely only use it for videochats

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah zoom audio is horrible. our new (my old) denver office has all the conf rooms in a ring around the open plan, and all of the hvac gear is up in the ceilings above the rooms. low wooshing noise

when i give a class now i put on my gaming headset. no shame. everybody says i sound great and i'm giving slide decks, not on cam so who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
irc sucks and is full of pedos

• Locked thread