Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Teams would be better if it weren't based on electron and therefore slow as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

freeasinbeer posted:

yep!

The problem is shadow IT, most likely because the main IT tried to block or ignore it and people used it anyway. Another key factor is usually corporate IT being hide bound to Microsoft and/or being slow to implement anything officially.

also with SaaS it’s so easy for a VP or higher to just stick it on the corporate Amex and for it to reach critical mass to where IT has to adopt it.

For example we have O365, gsuite and Dropbox paper floating around at the moment for document creation and depending on what group I’m interfacing with dictates which one I need to use. it’s maddening.

yeah its almost always some idiot VPs fault and IT doesn't have the balls or competency to block the unauthorized apps.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
for some reason zoom obliterates the cpu/gpu on my laptop. also it doesn't do volume leveling and has super loose voice detection so you get people breathing into their mics over people who are too quiet.

go to meeting is still the best general purpose meeting client. teams/skype meetings work really well for internal stuff but lots of people don't know its a thing or how to use it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
If I were to write a conference software it wouldn't allow dial ins or audio devices that aren't headsets or actual conference phones.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also the conference phones must be polycom because they're the only ones that seem to work reliably.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Microsoft Teams is still working fine.

• Locked thread