Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I've always wanted some sort of progression server for DAoC, with some sort of bonus to your account once it resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Kazvall posted:

I've always wanted some sort of progression server for DAoC, with some sort of bonus to your account once it resets.

It would be cool especially if they did original exp values for ToA content, artifacts, and MLs.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
How's that backer beta going?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

SweetBro posted:

Lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SweetBro posted:

Its been in beta 1 for over 2 years now and with no progress made in that time. The devs abandoned it in favor of a battle royale.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Its been in beta 1 for over 2 years now and with no progress made in that time. The devs abandoned it in favor of a battle royale.

Is it a battle royal or is it a tower defense? Neither is a good idea but one is marginally less suicidal, not that it'll save them.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Orv posted:

Is it a battle royal or is it a tower defense? Neither is a good idea but one is marginally less suicidal, not that it'll save them.

Not sure anyone could actually tell you what it is (I say neither). When you're 5 years late on your game with no end in sight (and a different MMO kickstarter scam already came up with such an idea year earlier) they magically have some new dogshit game nobody wants or gives a poo poo about that they can point to as a reason why their original game is nowhere close to release or progress on beta. Also as a hail mary attempt to 'generate new 'investment,' due to everyone else hitting them up for a refund they claimed they would give out to those who backed Camelot Unchained. If you look at any CU article on MassivelyOverpowered.com you'll see commenters still asking for their money, Mark Jacobs replying to some with what amounts to "well that's like, your opinion, man."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God drat, I was excited for this game. Modern day Dark Age of Camelot, I was so onboard with this once it was out of development. They were so close as well with being in beta, and then they just.... stopped because of reasons. Sucks so much.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I too had hoped that Mark Jacobs had stopped being a grifter and Enforcer of Bad Ideas.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

don't worry mark jacobs will be along shortly to passive aggressively forum post at you about how this was his plan all along. :)

It's your fault for not understanding what they were trying to do. :)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I honestly don't know how any of you could of seen the buttwing demon race and still gone "yeah looking forward to this"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I honestly don't know how any of you could of seen the buttwing demon race and still gone "yeah looking forward to this"

The playable race list is incredibly badass and one of the most unique race lists of any video game RPG i've seen, especially for an MMO. Everquest, and Star Trek Online, have had it locked down for truly interesting character customization.

One of the races, the characters head isn't attached to their body but instead floats near by https://camelotunchained.com/v3/realms/tuatha-de-danann/bean-sidhe/ They also have gargoyles https://camelotunchained.com/v3/realms/arthurians/gargoyles/ but these ones don't get wings, so I am disappointed by that. And then here is the buttwing demon you are talking about https://camelotunchained.com/v3/realms/arthurians/strm/ the wings really do need to be removed.

Ultimately though none of this matters because this game was canceled.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Can a game be canceled if it never existed

Orv
May 4, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

Can a game be canceled if it never existed

Amazon Game Studios is at the forefront of this research.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Signing up on the CU website now requires you to read (or not) through 13 pages of legal whatever and check a box on every other page to make certain you understand that Camelot: Unchained is never coming out.

Also: Marc Jacobs is laughing at you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

Amazon Game Studios is at the forefront of this research.

They have managed to one up everyone buy releasing a game at version 1.0, and then rolling it back to beta, promising to release it again later only to fully cancel it again.

I still really hope New World comes out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I thought the races in both this and Pantheon were doodoo so I'm kinda glad they both collapsed.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

I said come in! posted:

I still really hope New World comes out.

After playing one of their "games" i'm 100% convinced Amazon is only capable of making business applications that appear to be video games when viewed by an astronaut

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lorem ipsum posted:

After playing one of their "games" i'm 100% convinced Amazon is only capable of making business applications that appear to be video games when viewed by an astronaut

.... that might explain why I like New World? :thunk:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Lorem ipsum posted:

But EVE Online already exists

Cheradenine
May 29, 2009
This thread made me look at how long my refund request has been outstanding; a full year at this point. I’ve chased them again today but I’m not holding out much hope.

Orv
May 4, 2011
poo poo, I thought my like three or four months was long.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
I played a weekend test and this game isn't really shaping up to anything..

Kind of saddened by that but oh well..they did take money earmarked for CU and made some battle royale game with it for some reason.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 4, 2021

Cheradenine
May 29, 2009

Orv posted:

poo poo, I thought my like three or four months was long.

To be honest I forgot about it for a while. It’s “only” $75 so it’s not that much money and in the end probably serves as a valuable lesson.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I've written off my 110$ kickstarter pledge and I'm not even requesting a refund. Not worth the stress or hassle to not get it anyway.

Looks like AoC shaping up to become the current gen replacement that could scratch that itch (and some others too).
If you look at what the last CU build looks like, you quickly realize even for 2012 the graphics would have been quite mediocre. Let alone 2022.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh yeah, as far as anyone is aware Camelot Unchained is canceled, the devs ran out of money a few years ago. Like yeah there are news updates still but no real reason to believe they are anything but fake. Which wouldn't be out of the ordinary it turns out for an MMO Kickstarter. Ashes of Creation is also a scam that is most likely never coming out, i'm sorry to say.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Mark Jacobs trying to keep the grift going.

https://www.unchained-entertainment.com/letter-to-the-community/

quote:

LETTER TO THE COMMUNITY
February 29, 2024
Folks,

As we approach the beginning of March, I thought it was important to share some exciting news with you regarding the state of the company. As of today, we have officially changed our name from City State Entertainment to Unchained Entertainment. I’m sure you have a lot of questions – chief among them being why now?

Simply put, the new name is one of the changes that have been swirling around our studio for many months. These exciting changes include additional funding for the studio, a greater focus on Camelot Unchained, and of course the progress we’ve made with our engine. We are in the process of a series of stress tests with multiple testing services to use people, not our ARCs. The first one was completed on this past Tuesday and another happened on Thursday. Once the full series has been completed, we’ll post these videos online. Our studio’s new name reflects the fact that not only our current games, but future games, will all be made with our in-house engine, the only engine that is capable of driving the kinds of games that we are making today and into the future. With this latest round of investments, it felt like an opportune time to make the name change.

This funding has enabled us to continue hiring to expand the company, including filling several key positions that are working on CU exclusively, with more reinforcements for the CU team coming as quickly as we can hire the right people. While it also may seem that nothing much has been going on with CU for many months, the truth is quite the opposite. We can’t wait to share what we’ve been working on with you. And don’t worry, no surprises such as Web3 additions/partnerships with crypto companies, etc. are part of the plan. And the plan is really simple – by the end of 2025 to have CU up and running as a viable, commercial RvR-centric game. Hard to believe I know, but that is the goal that we are focused on for the game – but I’ll speak more about this the next time I livestream.

In the near future, you can also expect to hear some news regarding Final Stand: Ragnarök’s development. We’ve been making great strides on the game and our engine has made significant strides in the process, with all of those engine improvements also being used for CU and future titles. This includes one of my key desires for CU, a viable path forward for creating complex dungeons and indoor spaces.

All of this is to say that Unchained Entertainment is a strong, united front for us to move ahead in 2024 as we grow our team and flex our creative muscle. As always, we cannot thank you enough for your support and patience, and we look forward to showing you what we’ve been working on.

Mark Jacobs
Unchained Entertainment

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

I look forward to playing this game in the year of our lord 2055.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hard to believe I know,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
I thank this game for making me realized Nerd Slayer sucked poo poo and unsubbing from him.