Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Thats what theyve been working on for the past six months? So whats the word to describe when feature creep becomes so bad that it leads to the creation of a whole new game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Elblanco posted:

Warhammer online could have been great and should have gone f2p imo.

Just look at how Mythic failed at stuff like really basic class balance. WAR was never going to be great regardless of EAs meddling.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Fried Sushi posted:

Glad they pulled dev resources from the MMO, cause this Battle Royale sure does look like something I would surely be glad my backer money had gone to (had I backed which I didn't cause Mark Jacobs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2nJ7ovYLEc

Are we sure their social media account did get hacked and used to post a bunch of videos mocking the game? Because I cant believe thats a real thing made by the developers to promote their game.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

knox posted:

https://massivelyop.com/2020/12/19/city-state-entertainments-final-stand-ragnarok-heralds-the-arrival-of-first-access/

Mark Jacobs been replying to comments in sociopathic fashion on this site whenever I read it-

Has he always been like this? I dont remember him being this bad during the DAOC era.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Would like to see the misguided marketing research that suggested turning this into a battle royale would go over well with the very niche audience that cares about Camelot Unchained and the only group that even knows of its existence.

I would too. My first impression was they were trying to jump on the current big genre band wagon using current art assets to sell some boxes and generate revenue, but the MOBA band wagon left the station about 10 years ago. Even the thing that replaced it, battleground shooters is getting stale. Then again expecting someone who has been developing MMOs for the past 20+ years like Mark Jacobs to be familiar with current trends in video gaming might be asking a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

The best DAOC PvP sever was on the Dracis free shard using its ruleset. That was awesome while it lasted.