Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean the Celts have a class that lets you turn into a Dullahan and attack people with your own severed head and spine. Everyone else just kind of seems like also-rans after a thing like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean that just sounds like an actual beta to me. Not debating the chance of it actually coming out, but I mean pretty much every mmo at this stage of development is exactly that loving terrible. And, indeed, most of them fail.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Ha ha ha, yeah, and a shipped product shouldn't be a half finished mess that will have basic features patched in for the first 3 to 6 months, but these are mmos we are talking about.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

sevenflow posted:

It just seems way behind every other washed-up-MMO-designer-comes-back-because-they-made-a-couple-of-million-in-an-acquisition-many-years-ago-and-now-have-a-lifestyle-they-can-no-longer-afford Kickstarter. They're all bad but this one seems especially hosed up. Not Star Citizen, but maybe second to it.

Nah, there's still things like Shroud of the Avatar and a million other kickstarter type games with a zillion add on packages you can buy. In fact in some ways I'd call Shroud worse than Star Citizen because I believe one of the things you could buy was some of British's actual blood. Like again I'm not debating how hosed up and terrible this game may be right now, I'm just telling you that pretty much every single other mmo at a comparable stage of development is also that hosed up. The ones that actually seem polished and like they have a chance are basically unicorns. You should give none of them money until you have overwhelming evidence there is some fun to be had, and even then understand it's going to fail in 2 months tops after launch. Anything that lasts longer than that is, again, some sort of insane miracle.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Byolante posted:

The glaring problem is that by a beta the base gameplay should be close to finalised.

Why? Basically everyone on the planet understands "Beta means alpha, launch means beta, six months after launch means basic feature complete status". It's been over 20 years at this point, who still expects them to change at this point? That's how mmos work.