Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I was planning on rolling Arthurian as Vikings have been overdone for the past few years. That being said I could probably be talked into the Tuatha/Celtic side. Gonna main a crafter probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

the whole building poo poo is dumb. they shoulda just had it be you place premade structures. but i guess you gotta get that minecraft fanbase.

As I recall there are premade options and you can buy blueprints from other people so you don't have to partake. And it'll also mean not attacking the same voring castle every time. (At least until someone finds out how to make the ultimate castle of cheese.)

I haven't been in since early CUBE and duck wars though.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
There was some open testing. 'Capture the duck' type things but I haven't heard much in some time.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I thought DAoC went ftp years ago for some reason.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

SweetBro posted:

That's a shame. Will there ever be a good mmo again?

There's a thread for that.

(Also the answer is, sadly, no. And depending who you ask and how 'there never was'.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I miss DAoC's infiltrator gameplay. Positional attacks, chains, and poisons were fun to manage. Haven't found anything quite like it but also can't stand how clunky it is all these years later.