Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Mulva posted:

Nah, there's still things like Shroud of the Avatar and a million other kickstarter type games with a zillion add on packages you can buy. In fact in some ways I'd call Shroud worse than Star Citizen because I believe one of the things you could buy was some of British's actual blood. Like again I'm not debating how hosed up and terrible this game may be right now, I'm just telling you that pretty much every single other mmo at a comparable stage of development is also that hosed up. The ones that actually seem polished and like they have a chance are basically unicorns. You should give none of them money until you have overwhelming evidence there is some fun to be had, and even then understand it's going to fail in 2 months tops after launch. Anything that lasts longer than that is, again, some sort of insane miracle.

On that note I just gave them $275 for a lifetime subscription package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Will wait for Camelot Unchained to be finished and on Steam before diving in. I am super addicted to Dark Age of Camelot, so I see myself wanting to play this game.

I know this goes against the first part of your post but they've been really good about refunds and if you were to check it out now you could at least find out if it's something you see yourself playing for more than a year or two to justify the lifetime subscription before they take it away. I know spending that kind of money isn't suggested and I'm the last person that you should be taking advice from but everyone who actively plays DDO/LOTRO wishes they could've gotten in on that and I'm sure if DAoC had a deal like that back in the day those guys would be saying the same thing 17 years later.

My suggestion is buy the $60 founder pack now, get access today. Check it out, if you hate it, refund it. If you like it, you're locked in at a tier that'll have lifetime subscription upgrades for a couple of months.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 3, 2018

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Camelot Unchained sounds like a dumpster fire in its current state. There are only a handful of beta phases before the games official launch, so maybe in the next year? I would just wait.

I'd imagine it'll be at least two years of beta phases. Don't see this coming out before 2020. I know they say 2019 but I really doubt it unless they have significantly more classes/races implemented behind the scenes.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It's looking solid but that isn't enough. They need to justify why this is worth paying a subscription fee and how they'll sell people on it up against Crowfall which is similar in premise and has the benefit of being buy2play. I've seen a lot of people say that they're willing to pay a subscription fee and maybe they are but there's not enough of them that hate cosmetics and small XP buffs to sustain this one.