Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Orv posted:

There's an increasingly decent chance it won't be the 4th, but other than that I currently have no thoughts on this not game.
I'd be up for waiting and seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bumbler posted:

Cautiously optimistic about this game after playing in the last few alpha tests. Seems like their decision to make their own engine is paying off. I also appreciate the company's attitude, they are very candid about the state of the game and don't try to force marketing BS down our throats. Lets hope it doesn't crash and burn like every PvP MMO ever :ohdear:
If they do group pvp well and don't have too large of a barrier to entry it shouldn't crash and burn. It'll be more like a slow burn.

If they manage to lure other types of players and maintain it well, then it will probably sustain its player count.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

mmo combat sucks why would anyone play that.
The entire MOBA genre exists.

WoW combat was pretty good during WotLK and at the tail end of TBC and some parts of Cata.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

toolbar cooldowns with autoattack combat stinks!
There's not really much auto attacking in WoW pvp. Or wasn't.

MMOs shifted toward more ARPG combat ages ago, and that's pretty much what MOBAs are. I mean yeah, there are still sluggish, snail paced bar MMOs. But who plays those?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Raioner posted:

6 Years to build the engine and 5 more years to create the game, by the time it will come out we'll need another new engine.
DAoC Unchained Forever