Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Been looking forward to this for a long time, but waiting to put down money until beta people say if it's good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

CU as a whole is extremely on the side of 'thinking big'. I will be thrilled if they can pull it off, but you can understand I'm not holding my breath.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I said come in! posted:

This is making me want to play Dark Age of Camelot while waiting for Camelot Unchained to go live. There is a user created free server but it's based on classic DAoC and is not even remotely accessible or easy to play for newer players.

You can play on the live servers for 14 free days if you just need a quick fix.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Bait and Swatch posted:

Anyone call dibs on the guild bank yet?

I need the exact amount of money in the guild bank to test something.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

bagrada posted:

I agree that the building features are dumb* and wasted everyone's time but I know there are people into that including a bazillion minecrafters and fortniters so whatever.

That said, for what it's worth, Jacobs has been pretty clear at least in his kickstarter emails that this beta is an old school beta rather than one of the ones other companies do these days that are mostly feature complete and focused on tuning, getting people amped up for release, and head starts for people who shell out.

*I haven't tried them or watched any videos on them. I just dislike the idea on principle.

Yeah the page on the CU website for beta 1 clearly states it’s in no way a ready for release beta. It pretty much straight up says it’s gonna be a tire fire. At least they are honest about it. People will still froth and rage though.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I remember way back at the start of the kickstarter, MJ said the Camelot Unchained was just a working title. Did they decide to just run with it in the end?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I want this poo poo to happen so I can drop cash on it

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So when’s beta 1?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Didn't one side get their knockback before the other so that tier of PvP was just knocking people into lava for big laughs and there was nothing they could do about it?

I did this on the lava map with my dwarf tank lady, it was the best.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Was the beta up this weekend? Any big changes over the alpha?

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 6, 2018

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

jerk irl posted:

One good thing about WAR imo was that you didn't need to do much PvE to do RvR, aside from some LotD, etc. I kind of don't like having to do a lot of PvE to be efficient in PvP.

I did enjoy being able to do battlegrounds on a fresh level 1 character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Too late for what