Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is making me want to play Dark Age of Camelot while waiting for Camelot Unchained to go live. There is a user created free server but it's based on classic DAoC and is not even remotely accessible or easy to play for newer players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been super casually playing Dark Age of Camelot on the official live servers. This game scratches that old school MMORPG itch perfectly. I just wish the UI was better, the world map is so difficult to see and needs to be able to be scaled for modern day screen resolutions. When DAoC came out CRT monitors were still the norm.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there anyone else here still playing Dark Age of Camelot? I know we use to have a thread for the game but I can't find it anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It shows as archived for me, but thank you for linking it, I can use that to make a new thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will wait for Camelot Unchained to be finished and on Steam before diving in. I am super addicted to Dark Age of Camelot, so I see myself wanting to play this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Camelot Unchained sounds like a dumpster fire in its current state. There are only a handful of beta phases before the games official launch, so maybe in the next year? I would just wait.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would pay a sub fee for this at launch because I love Dark Age of Camelot and having that game with modern day quality of life mechanics would be great. One thing that worries me though is that I read Camelot Unchained is going to have virtually no PvE?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I liked the PvE in Dark Age of Camelot, and Warhammer. :sigh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Of all of those, I liked how Warhammer did it the best. I enjoyed the instanced PvP while leveling up, and then at the end game doing the open world PvP and attacking fortresses was a lot of fun. Warhammer also had some really good PvE content with public quests, dungeons, and raids. That was a good MMO and i'm sad it's no longer around.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't recall the balance in WAR being bad at all. I remember having a lot of fun with PvP and never really getting frustrated with leveling or playing the game in general. I am not sure why it died but I stand by how I wish it hadnt. I just assume it was very expensive to keep the IP going.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just going to wait patiently for the final release headstart to go live. Absolutely all over this game but I want it to be out of beta first.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are the bots that have been in the beta something that is going to be apart of the game going forward so that you always have something to fight?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At this point i've written this game off as yet another kickstarter scam, looking to exploit nostalgia. The devs have ran off with the money and have no intention of finishing it. Filed it under the other scam MMOs, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, Pantheon, and Crowfall. There's probably a couple others i've missed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of the tests have been closed and with an NDA I believe? The little gameplay I have seen has been vague and I had no idea what was going on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wondering what will come first actually, Camelot Unchained, or Dark Age of Camelot free to play model.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

Well considering the f2p for daoc is in a month or so (whenever the next patch is, its on the test server right now). That's a pretty clear answer.

Fair enough! I have clearly fallen behind on when that was suppose to launch. I will be playing again once it does.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

Shroud of the Avatar, which was a hilarious scam trash fire. Albion Online, which was UO gangbox with moronic devs and worse players. I think that's it, at least for things that were still what they were sold on, though I suppose you could make an argument against SotA fitting that criteria but frankly I don't really remember if it promised anything concrete beyond "Richard Garriot's next game!"

Legends of Aria released, but it also sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So Camelot Unchained has been in Beta Test Phase 1 for over 2 years now. Where is the game at in development? Is it getting any closer to Beta Phase 2?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All they had to do was make a modern day Dark Age of Camelot. It was the easiest poo poo ever. :psyduck:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would like to see the misguided marketing research that suggested turning this into a battle royale would go over well with the very niche audience that cares about Camelot Unchained and the only group that even knows of its existence.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SweetBro posted:

How's that backer beta going?

Its been in beta 1 for over 2 years now and with no progress made in that time. The devs abandoned it in favor of a battle royale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God drat, I was excited for this game. Modern day Dark Age of Camelot, I was so onboard with this once it was out of development. They were so close as well with being in beta, and then they just.... stopped because of reasons. Sucks so much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I honestly don't know how any of you could of seen the buttwing demon race and still gone "yeah looking forward to this"

The playable race list is incredibly badass and one of the most unique race lists of any video game RPG i've seen, especially for an MMO. Everquest, and Star Trek Online, have had it locked down for truly interesting character customization.

One of the races, the characters head isn't attached to their body but instead floats near by https://camelotunchained.com/v3/realms/tuatha-de-danann/bean-sidhe/ They also have gargoyles https://camelotunchained.com/v3/realms/arthurians/gargoyles/ but these ones don't get wings, so I am disappointed by that. And then here is the buttwing demon you are talking about https://camelotunchained.com/v3/realms/arthurians/strm/ the wings really do need to be removed.

Ultimately though none of this matters because this game was canceled.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

Amazon Game Studios is at the forefront of this research.

They have managed to one up everyone buy releasing a game at version 1.0, and then rolling it back to beta, promising to release it again later only to fully cancel it again.

I still really hope New World comes out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lorem ipsum posted:

After playing one of their "games" i'm 100% convinced Amazon is only capable of making business applications that appear to be video games when viewed by an astronaut

.... that might explain why I like New World? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh yeah, as far as anyone is aware Camelot Unchained is canceled, the devs ran out of money a few years ago. Like yeah there are news updates still but no real reason to believe they are anything but fake. Which wouldn't be out of the ordinary it turns out for an MMO Kickstarter. Ashes of Creation is also a scam that is most likely never coming out, i'm sorry to say.