Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

Are we sure their social media account did get hacked and used to post a bunch of videos mocking the game? Because I cant believe thats a real thing made by the developers to promote their game.

https://massivelyop.com/2020/12/19/city-state-entertainments-final-stand-ragnarok-heralds-the-arrival-of-first-access/

Mark Jacobs been replying to comments in sociopathic fashion on this site whenever I read it-

Mark Jacobs posted:

It’s meant to be 100% self-deprecating, that was indeed the point. And it’s also unlisted so we’re not pushing this as a release trailer.

And as I pointed out below, it’s only the first pass and we did it in a day. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Original DAOC exists today through freeshards yes, but a modern MMO that uses today's technology built on RvR/PvP as it's foundation is what he's referring to. But that's not going to happen anytime soon so I'll just continue to play DAOC Phoenix and whatever other dead MMO I want until somehow a developer releases a new MMO that exceeds expectations.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Would like to see the misguided marketing research that suggested turning this into a battle royale would go over well with the very niche audience that cares about Camelot Unchained and the only group that even knows of its existence.

I mean, you really think this second game bullshit is anything more than just a future excuse to use (and they are literally copying this strategy already used by another failed kickstarter MMO) for the inevitable game cancelation or disillusioned thinking this could be a way to generate 'more funding' somehow? There's no marketing research that would suggest what they're doing is validated, there's no market research period.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

iminers posted:

This.

At least for me. I really like the RvR on DAOC and the diffrent classes but when i install Phoenix and start to play, the clunky movement and the graphics and small fonts just makes me uninstall.
I understand the game is 100 years old, and ive gotten a character to level 15, but i lose intrest way to quick.

That and i didn't play DAOC from launch till now. Never touched it except for a few times with Phoenix.
I avoided Phoenix until the proving grounds PvP event few weeks ago, because the game felt dated even like 10 years ago when I played during Catacombs for the first time a little bit. But after not really enjoying Return of Reckoning much and checking the Phoenix population numbers being always higher than RoR during EST night, then event hit right away and it was most fun I've had since March when RoR was popping off.

DAOC is still obviously clunky as hell but after 10 deaths in the pvp event or so I was hooked on the pvp again. I want to run some true 8man poo poo before I look to other games, even OG pve camp pulling was relaxing and fun to me oddly enough.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Yeah it took about 10 deaths in the PvP event on Phoenix at lvl 1 to get back into the game. For those first 20 minutes I was like what the gently caress am I doing, now I have temped 50 Healer trying to find a guild to 8-man. I never played much of DAOC much like Warhammer when I started up on Return of Reckoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Orv posted:

Is it a battle royal or is it a tower defense? Neither is a good idea but one is marginally less suicidal, not that it'll save them.

Not sure anyone could actually tell you what it is (I say neither). When you're 5 years late on your game with no end in sight (and a different MMO kickstarter scam already came up with such an idea year earlier) they magically have some new dogshit game nobody wants or gives a poo poo about that they can point to as a reason why their original game is nowhere close to release or progress on beta. Also as a hail mary attempt to 'generate new 'investment,' due to everyone else hitting them up for a refund they claimed they would give out to those who backed Camelot Unchained. If you look at any CU article on MassivelyOverpowered.com you'll see commenters still asking for their money, Mark Jacobs replying to some with what amounts to "well that's like, your opinion, man."