Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Evernoob posted:

Yes, but if there is indeed a huge influx of players, throwing them in the pool where everyone is RR5+ (hell, i bet plenty of groups are full RR10+ by now) and fully templated.... that is going to be a bloodbath.

I think they've made, or are making, some strides to get better gear to newer players sooner. You're right though most "older" players have 5+ years of gear, tips, tricks etc already ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

PriNGLeS posted:

If Phoenix would start running a seasonal model it would have massive continued success. Hopping into RvR and smashing your face into RR10-12 groups is not fun when a server has been running for a year or 2.

This is one of the issues I think with bringing folks to live. if you're really going to start playing daoc and go to live you're looking at a sheer cliff of learning mechanics, many of which are not documented anywhere consistently. They've ( live ) have done well with the kings gear and other htings to smooth the ramp up, but once you hit 50 and start to look at RVR i would not want to be walking into that without many years of experence behind me.