Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I gently caress around in the alpha tests occasionally and the game is getting pretty.

It will live or die with its combat system though and there isn't enough to even really see an outline of how it will work.

Of course we are all hoping for a modern update of what worked in daoc, but who knowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I wonder how much in the way of combat system they have designed brhind the scenes. If this is state of the art then yeah, its gonna be a drat while.

On the good side, things seem pretty smooth with loads of people running around, and its already visually impressive.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Marc Jacobs is talking a big game for a January update, using words like "actually a game" and "fun". Can they do it? At least we will find out fairly soon.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Pvp games seem to get bogged down in feature development when really all you need is an asskickin combat system and a reason for people to throw themselves at each other. Why we cant start here and then build features I'll never know.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I logged in for a test last week and the combat still feels pre-DAOC so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

whelp, I think we just got Diablo Immortaled

https://massivelyop.com/2020/01/31/interview-camelot-unchaineds-mark-jacobs-just-announced-a-new-game-called-colossus/