Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Our teacher would put this on when it rained during lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnhlQJIxj0

The potatoes and apples/ smell segment plays in my head whenever I'm preparing or eating either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

A young person asked me how to use a pencil sharpener today. An electric pencil sharpener. A lovely one.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Animal-Mother posted:

A young person asked me how to use a pencil sharpener today. An electric pencil sharpener. A lovely one.

I involuntarily read this in the "what a magic knife" voice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

tribbledirigible posted:

Our teacher would put this on when it rained during lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnhlQJIxj0

The potatoes and apples/ smell segment plays in my head whenever I'm preparing or eating either.

A core memory has unlocked.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Pfft, it's no BMX Bandits.

Yes, that's Nicole Kidman.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Guardian: "there's a girl called Nicole Kidman who's rather good".

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The latest episode of Last Podcast on the Left named drop Today's Specials which brought out some long buried memories:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I watched a ton of today’s special as a lad. Nickelodeon in the mornings played all the best stuff.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006
No one likes me, but by god I will hold posting grudges for years to get into the cool kids club. I've won title as a most ignored user! Please unignore me uWu
Smellrose

Ambitious Spider posted:

The latest episode of Last Podcast on the Left named drop Today's Specials which brought out some long buried memories:

Whoa. A bunch of neurons I haven't used in decades just activated.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
All I (or anyone else, really, be honest) remembers about it is that the dude was, like, a mannequin come to life, but ONLY if the hat was on his head. So naturally, it was ALWAYS coming off his head and he'd freeze in place.

Just, like, get a loving strap for that hat, my dude.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Holy poo poo, I absolutely watched this show at some point and never really processed what it was, just this memory disconnected from everything else.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I named my first pet cat Muffy because of Today's Special.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

DrBouvenstein posted:

All I (or anyone else, really, be honest) remembers about it is that the dude was, like, a mannequin come to life, but ONLY if the hat was on his head. So naturally, it was ALWAYS coming off his head and he'd freeze in place.

One of my friends in HS had a bit of this captured on VHS that he was using to record the very first episodes of South Park. We were watching the Scuzzlebutt episode, then it just cut to a scene like you described and he very cryptically said, "Walter Matthau works the same way."

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

tribbledirigible posted:

One of my friends in HS had a bit of this captured on VHS that he was using to record the very first episodes of South Park. We were watching the Scuzzlebutt episode, then it just cut to a scene like you described and he very cryptically said, "Walter Matthau works the same way."

Imagine four old men at the edge of a cliff.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

I've never seen that movie, but all I remember about it is at a video rental store in town it was in a weirdly prominent spot for years after it came out.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

The cast being two puppets, a regular human and a dancing singing mannequin makes almost more sense now than it did in the 80s

After all, the setting of "an independent Canadian department store" has become slightly more mythical than Tir na nOg or Xibalba

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah this was p cool.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My parents bought that for me because when I was younger I'd pretend to use my nana's vacuum as a proton pack.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

CitizenKain posted:

I've never seen that movie, but all I remember about it is at a video rental store in town it was in a weirdly prominent spot for years after it came out.

All you need to know is that the protagonist has a romantic BMX dance with Lori Loughlin at his high school's prom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPVJzi7Ta9w

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Epson America HQ, circa 1985.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Kangaroo Jerk posted:

All you need to know is that the protagonist has a romantic BMX dance with Lori Loughlin at his high school's prom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPVJzi7Ta9w

Is it not worth a mention that the guy who played the protagonist played harmonica in a band with Lou Diamond Phillips?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I got in to the biggest argument years ago with my brother because he kept insisting it was the Mc *B* LT

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
I sure could go for a Donald, Lettuce, and Tomato right about now

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Montague Tigg posted:

I sure could go for a Donald, Lettuce, and Tomato right about now

RealTalk: If it were doner, lettuce, and tomato, there’d def. be a niche for it

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh poo poo yeah doner is loving good.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Keep the hot side hot and the cold side cold!

I recited the Big Mac song/slogan to my partner and daughter the other day and they looked at me like I was crazy and they were right to do so

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A doner kebab is already a DLT, they always have tomato and lettuce. (And other things but I wouldn’t want one without the onions or sauce).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

namlosh posted:

Keep the hot side hot and the cold side cold!

I recited the Big Mac song/slogan to my partner and daughter the other day and they looked at me like I was crazy and they were right to do so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1kmVwS4Hw

Sometimes we watch compilations of old commercials and my partner had a really good point, which is that watching old advertising techniques is like seeing a wizard whose spells no longer work.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I had forgotten all about these things until just recently. They seemed pretty cool when I was a preschooler (mostly because you could make a lot of annoying noise with them):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pyR2rQltE

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Pfft, it's no BMX Bandits.

Yes, that's Nicole Kidman.

Rad is far superior. In fact, it was rereleased in theaters for one night only just last month. Was BMX Bandits?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I had forgotten all about these things until just recently. They seemed pretty cool when I was a preschooler (mostly because you could make a lot of annoying noise with them):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pyR2rQltE

They seem pretty cool to me as an adult, mostly because you can make a lot of annoying noises with them.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Why the gently caress is the cheese on the cool side?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Remulak posted:

So it doesn't melt too much. Also, it'd be refrigerated, so would cool down the hot side too much.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUBFekkUnKw

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Remulak posted:

You dare question Jason Alexander?!?!?!?!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Remulak posted:

Because cheese is cool.

#CoolCheese
#TheCoolest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

35 years ago today.