Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Any chance of giving us a rundown of how old the key players are? It seems like most of this squad have been around forever.

Also on a scale of 1-10 how salty are Swiss people these days that like 90% of the national team are black or Albanian? I remember this being a thing a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wengy posted:

Racists in racist backwater cantons are salty (oliwan will tell you all about it), nobody else cares.

I can't be arsed to do any calculations, but I remember reading that the average age of squad is around 26-27 years, so not that old. I was surprised by this; I guess my perception, much like yours, was skewed by the continuing presence of old veterans like Lichtsteiner and Behrami. Then there are players like Rodriguez, Shaqiri and Seferovic who aren't old at all but might seem old because they've been getting called up since they were teenagers. The average is also pushed down by up-and-comers like Zakaria, Akanji and Embolo.

Yeah that makes sense, I'm always surprised to learn Shaqiri is only like 26 because he became a big deal when he was still a teenager.

• Locked thread