Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Imp Zone > Getting a lot of pussy in college because of Japanese flute mastery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Finally someone has the balls to say that chem trail vitimins are poison to gamers

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Playing ancient Japanese music using only my lips and a fleshlight

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/1007491304958263301?s=21

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol mombot is neither japanese or a mom

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oblivion pop-up:

Your Bamboo Flute skill has increased.

The tired lungs and laughter from passers-by from practice sessions has its benefits. You are now a master of Bamboo Flute instruments. You no longer suffer a speechcraft penalty when wearing Straw Armor.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cornelius Boots

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

cornelius boots kicks rear end

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

an actual dog posted:

lol mombot is neither japanese or a mom

I would definitely believe that the single man who still plays japanese flute in the 21th century is white

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Plutonis posted:

I would definitely believe that the single man who still plays japanese flute in the 21th century is white

yea lol I'm not disputing that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Ok this guy is sincerely epic.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
He’s right you know

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Can't wait til next year's E3 when cornelius boots has his eyes taped down like Sean Connery in that one Bond movie to promote Assassin's creed Edo or something, and stops in the middle of his performance to tell the assembled journos that jet fuel can't melt steel beams until Sony reps hastily shuffle them away into the next theme tent.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

cornelius boots kicks rear end

I love him.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Can't wait til next year's E3 when cornelius boots has his eyes taped down like Sean Connery in that one Bond movie to promote Assassin's creed Edo or something, and stops in the middle of his performance to tell the assembled journos that jet fuel can't melt steel beams until Sony reps hastily shuffle them away into the next theme tent.

Now that you’ve said that I’m really surprised Ubi hasn’t already done an Edo-period Japan AC game. That seems like a really obvious place to take a series about globe-trotting historical assassins.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Sekiro looks like Otogi 2 which was proper Original Xbox From Software supremacy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

good news

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1007744673174163457

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awesome.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've never played an RE game, but I have a friend who loves them, and I might get the RE2 remake and invite him over to play it some weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hadn't played an RE game until this year and now it's one of my favorite franchises ever

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

former 2009 pillhead checking in to recall the time me & my friend stayed up all night playing TF2 watching a Roseanne marathon for so long it looped around and started back at the first episode

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it was so long ago, but my friend either cried or just had to leave the room when he saw the re2 intro and that was all i needed to know it was gonna be amazing

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHcNJ9uwJ8

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/somethingawful/status/1007445913957216256

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yes....yes!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The whole internet loves Cornelius Boots, a goofy white who plays Japan flutes!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If RE2Make has the alligator, super lickers AND the Spark Shot I'll be content in calling it RE2 and start planning my no save run.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im ready to have the licker jump through the two way mirror and start crying, in hd

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never played a RE game. This RE2 remake looks cool but I'm a wuss when it comes to horror games. Is it supposed to be as claustrophobic as RE1 was or no?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I feel like I would like most horror games but somehow just never got into them. I've played like.. Until Dawn and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. i should play more of them.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I feel like I would like most horror games but somehow just never got into them. I've played like.. Until Dawn and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. i should play more of them.

if you like sci fi alien isolation is good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SOMA is good, not sure if it counts as horror but it sure is spooky

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i know a lot of people hate Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, but i really liked it. I think combat game mechanics kind of distract from the horror for me or soemthing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

SOMA is good, not sure if it counts as horror but it sure is spooky

soma is awesome and i thought about it for a long time after i played it

it either plays like amnesia where youre completely helpless against spooky things or theres a setting to disable enemies attacking you so youre just exploring a spooky hosed up facility

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

completely helpless against spooky things is definitely up my alley. i think it's hard to pull off, though, because if you're getting murdered every ten seconds, there's a point at which it stops becoming scary and starts just getting frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

completely helpless against spooky things is definitely up my alley. i think it's hard to pull off, though, because if you're getting murdered every ten seconds, there's a point at which it stops becoming scary and starts just getting frustrating.

There are actually very few enemy encounters in SOMA but the ones that exist are pretty intense

• Locked thread