Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ghosts of Tsushima's scenery

The wide shot of the two characters fighting against the sunset on the far horizon was pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

i dont think its a representation of problems in the game but the dudes demoing tsuhshima behind doors weren't willing to answer basic questions like:

when you hit the enemy, what button are you pressing? can you do combos?

and spent the whole time talking about the beauty of natural scenery instead.

lol that tanks a lot of the interest I had in that game if they're not even going to talk about gameplay.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

they could just make souls only money, so when you die, you lose your money idk. in bloodborne it definitely felt like it was just sort of there to gate you off from certain weapons with your Points which didn't do much. i think if they were going more action oriented they could do something like how monster hunter handles upgrades. but just with money and chunks or something similar and not 10 billion types of monster drops ofc. esp if they're going more action orientated.

You want upgrades to be more like Monster Hunter??

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nothing dropped during the treehouse. that celshaded mech game is armored core as hell and they went into a lot of detail about new smash but that was about it. im hyped for that and sekiro but overall this was a really lame e3 lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Time to get hype about Zeldathon bros!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I am

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Is that supposed to be a tombstone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Is that supposed to be a tombstone

It's supposed to be a sign that says "See you next year!" and the dates of when it will be around next year.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I am gonna watch as much as my dumv timezone difference allows.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How would your timezone effect the amount of a 150 hour continuous marathon you can watch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

How would your timezone effect the amount of a 150 hour continuous marathon you can watch.

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao well because it’s a cocktease. Meh, I’ll just wait for the vods

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In my dimension sometimes the world stops existing for a few hours lol. Crazy sounding I know but you get used to it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

In my dimension sometimes the world stops existing for a few hours lol. Crazy sounding I know but you get used to it.

In my dimension they turned me into a pickle!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

its called sleep, we all do it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Because I want to watch the kickoff live and not miss any of the epicness because I have to sleep or go to work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Because I want to watch the kickoff live and not miss any of the epicness because I have to sleep or go to work.

Quit your job and hit up the drug forum for some designer Russian drugs that will make you stay up for 9 days straight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The first two Zeldathons I saw I slept about 5 hours in 6 days.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It was a pretty awesome, hazy time where I would drift in and out of consciousness and feel as though I were there with them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

The first two Zeldathons I saw I slept about 5 hours in 6 days.

wow

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

former 2009 pillhead checking in to recall the time me & my friend stayed up all night playing TF2 watching a Roseanne marathon for so long it looped around and started back at the first episode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

former 2009 pillhead checking in to recall the time me & my friend stayed up all night playing TF2 watching a Roseanne marathon for so long it looped around and started back at the first episode

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I never had Zeldathon that'd be a good alternative.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

losing my mind crying laughing at the 100% Crit cp_purple server we joined with a lone aussie who immediately aggroed and called us cunts and how we were sucking each other off. he was just there alone doing god knows what before

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

losing my mind crying laughing at the 100% Crit cp_purple server we joined with a lone aussie who immediately aggroed and called us cunts and how we were sucking each other off. he was just there alone doing god knows what before

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TF2 Win. Me and two friends joining servers with open slots with the only intent being to duel each other and doing it for hours until we would get server banned for "disrespecting the game", per the server owner.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfaooo oh my god

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

We'll make out better than okay... hear what I say What the gently caress dude. DJ turned into a baby.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

We'll make out better than okay... hear what I say What the gently caress dude. DJ turned into a baby.

that's not too far off lmao, that night was so epic i still remember poo poo from it

like when i forgot it was a christmas episode and wondered why Jackie was in a christmas sweater during the end credits, my friend said "Because Santa."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

that's not too far off lmao, that night was so epic i still remember poo poo from it

like when i forgot it was a christmas episode and wondered why Jackie was in a christmas sweater during the end credits, my friend said "Because Santa."

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I enjoy Zeldathon a lot even though I don't have your dedication, thanks for introducing me to it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ragg posted:

Its gonna be batman combat. Im steering clear

Nah, it was too involved for that. But I also don't think it's going to be super revolutionary. Probably high/mid/low stances, light and heavy attacks, with a block and a parry, and if you parry someone you get a fancy contextual animation.

It would be cool if it was like Bushido Blade with the one-hit kills, being able to break dudes' arms and legs in combat, etc, but I doubt it. They would've showed that off

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I dunno, that bit where he dropped down into the monk's house screamed "Arkham Knight fear takedown" to me.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRByopXiAI

Still no release date for AC7 but there's this trailer at least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not even a "2018" reinforcement....what happened to that game...anyway lol at "How penal is this penal colony, you ask?"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

man I'm disappointed at no date but that trailer is extremely hype

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I dunno, that bit where he dropped down into the monk's house screamed "Arkham Knight fear takedown" to me.

I guess that makes sense. I equated it to Assassin's Creed myself but the ability to slow down time and take down multiple dudes before they can react is more Arkham. In AssCreed you'd be more likely to just be able to simultaneously jump-assassinate two dudes that are adjacent to each other, maybe take out a third with a thrown dagger in AC Origins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Not even a "2018" reinforcement....what happened to that game...anyway lol at "How penal is this penal colony, you ask?"

I know they'll have story stuff to explain it but really lol at the idea of giving prisoners jet aircraft and expecting them to just come back home.

• Locked thread