Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Devolver is doing something with Metal Wolf Chaos, they had joked about doing a deal with fromsoft like years earlier to make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

THat's the first big e3 surprise for me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I'd rather play a different video game than a loot shooter.

They didn't even show off any kind of different weapons or powers or abilities you could have, its wierd.

YOu'd think thats what you'd go hard on if you're trying to make the sale.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm criminally addicted to giant robot/robot suit games and nothing looked interesting at all.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

ill probably buy this since its unplayable in its current incarnation but i hope its actually cool and not just a meme game. lots of from soft poo poo from that era is completely unplayable

Remember that even in the days of analog sticks armored core still controlled forward and backard movement on the dpad and strafing was the triggers

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i heard somebody say geoff's gonna show off some of the behind closed doors cyberpunk demo on tuesday

e: the somebody was geoff

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

Me too. Also CDProjekt left some coded message in their Cyberpunk trailer that people found that implies we'll find out about the gameplay at their booth on Tuesday -- also my apologies for earlier insisting that the player character was premade and there would be no character creator, I was wrong. Still not sure how I feel about it though given how strong the characterization was in Witcher 3.

530 Tuesday.

I think just because Bethesda dropped the ball real hardcore on having voices protags in fallout doesn't mean it can't be done with good characterization and writing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Front mission 6 is a 3rd person survival shooter called left alive.

Itll probably be at the square show.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you forgot about it I dont mind... I forgot too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

i remain stoked for it

Yoji shinkawas doing art and a longtime armored core producer is directing so I'm hopeful.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I bought Rage 1 bc they put it on sale for 3 dolla after the Bethesda event.

It's kinda lifeless, but it is super fun to throw your dude at rocks when hes on an ATV and see how far you can launch him.

The wingstick boomerange is a fun weapon too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh neat. Guess now's as good a time as any to get into FFXIV

It's a hell of a lot of game now. I think the biggest final fantasy story probably.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That's not a good sign to me...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Now that I think about it, I agree.

The latter seems to be a common theme in FF development cycles.

I want to see the final fantasy prototype the deus ex team put together before square shuttered the project and their lead dev quit in a rage.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

extremebuff posted:

the ff15 interview about the development hell it went through where the director found out an artist worked on a single asset, a random background plant, for months and it had 300k+ polygons which rivaled the effort put into the player characters

When original ff14 launched small background objects like barrels were multiple thousands of polygons, more than the player models were, for bi discernable reason.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The most beautiful barrels youve ever seen.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

this looks pretty sick but i cant imagine the game will be any good

its a game thats gonna reach for the stars and at best hit the moon, i still want hope for games that are real rear end ambitious

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

then hell is happeneing

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Do people generally agree Siege is good now.

its one of the best online shooters if you want a specific tactical style

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sony spent 30 minutes to show 1 trailer. THis is the worst idea of all the bad ideas e3 has ever had.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Sony spent 35 minutes showing Uncharted Zombies 2 .

i think the demo itself was only 10 minutes 2

really sony spent 25 minutes shuffling game journos between two rooms lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

at least ghosts of tsushima devs get to make something pretty. i feel bad for the last of us animators spending another 3 years rigging a screwdriver going through an eye socket

I dont know why the feels game needs to have Serbian film style ultraviolence but the crowds a hooting and a hollering so it's working I guess.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Theres 100% chance after release somebody's going to write a thinkpiece about how they never thought about violence in games until they strung a looter up by his own intestines and gave him a Glasgow smile in tlou2 and the devs need to be appluaded.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

Nintendo, deliver us from this evil and epic cinematic QTEs of the visceral violence of the world we live in and its tender moments. Amen.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Theres a couple new games I'm into but it seems like every publisher is terrified of announcing something that'd release past 2019, I guess getting burned on cancelled games.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Or they're already planning new consoles for 2019/20 so they're holding their cards...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I loved the cyberpunk trailer but instead of anything about what the games about it's all shoutouts and peeks of stuff that's big in the old cyberpunk rpg and probably don't mean anything if you're new to it.

Like the shot of the trauma docs, mercenary medics that keep monitoring your brainwave and the second it drops send a killsquad out to picky you up, patch you together and liquidate anybody causing you trouble, for a fee.

It makes me happy cause it means they're sticking with pondsmith and what he came up with but it tells you nothing about the game really.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

EA is still unforgivable due to C&C, everything else after that is nothing in comparison

Imagine being a fan of anthem and your first exposure at a big big live show is all the writers shuffling on stage and speaking really earnestly about how the evil darlings are stealing the ancient alien technology to do no good and it's up to you to stop it. For like 15 minutes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It was never gonna look good to begin with but its between that and Sonys insane room shuffle shenanigans this year for worst part.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I already knew about the CNc phone game so only the live esports shoutcast was galling to me.

Westwood is no more.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

maybe there werent as many announcements, but, this year was more fun to watch and goof on. last year was just largely boring, and then the cool mario stuff.

How long until e3 is just all streamed out trailers of games that have been already announced for that holiday, it's a bit sad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i love the cyberpunk guy so much

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Project 1v1 is the code name for Gearbox's top-secret, in-development, competitive first-person shooter that combines the action of fast-paced 1v1 first-person combat with the metagame strategy of a collectible card game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Naughty Dog Man: We want to really show the horrors of violence, because it will make people think, maybe the violence is bad. And thus we improve the world.

Resident Evil Man: We made the zombies very gross because we could. Look at it!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

*Naughty dog dev expertly tying up his bag of cats, getitng the camera ready to record the splash just right in the sake of art and realism*

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A survival horror game set in the naughty dog offices after the doors are locked and the rule of law and order is lost immediately.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

extremebuff posted:

Welcome to orientation and congratulations on being the newest members of the Naughty Dog team! Grab your scalpels and please have a seat at the operating table you've been assigned to.

lmfao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

At first we tried watching horror movies, Saw, Texas Chainsaw, all that stuff. Real blood and guts. It wasn't enough though, you could see the rubber, the prostheticS. We needer more material. We found a book here at the abandoned Naughty Dog reference library. Bound in skin and blood, it showed us the truth, the truth of all things.

Real Feels can only come from Real Flesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

As an aside the RE2 footage looks pretttttty sick. They're calling this a "new game" not a remake of 2, I.e. the environment isn't 1:1, with expanded areas and such. The OTS looks pretty good and when a zombie grabs you in this the camera zooms in like crazy and gets hyper claustrophobic, zombie like writhing around 2 inches from your throat, and it's gonna make me poo poo my pants every time it happens.

They're keeping the classic resident evil incredibly low health value, like 3-4 hits at most before you're dead in too.

Also the zombie gore tech they have is seriously gnarly but somehow seems more wholesome than the devs that are watching snuff films and stabbings for reference material.

• Locked thread