Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

my wishlist:

animal crossing switch
f-zero
new zelda announced
pikmin 4
metroid prime 4 gameplay
tell us what retro is working on!!!
new death stranding trailer (free space in the bingo board)
ace combat 7
shadows die twice gameplay
dragon of the north star
final fantasy 16 announcement out of nowhere
yoko taro working on a new game
release date for la mulana 2 and bloodstained

e3 is a holy time

this is pretty much mine, as well

a new armored core might be the only thing i'd add

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

my prediction is that sony, microsoft, and switch will have no games, and pc will have a bajillion games but they will all be tough but fair indie gems with 2d overhead combat inspired by zelda and the soulsbourne series with rougelite elements and persistent unlocks from your friends at Nicalis

bob's desk chair is spinning at 30 mph right now because of this post

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

my e3 wishlist:

Anthem gameplay
Destiny 2 expansion trailer
Call of Duty Battle Royale gameplay
Gears of War 2 HD remaster
God of War DLC
Battlefront 2 DLC
PSVR PRO ft. Skyrim VR Enhanced Edition
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxwukel48s

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hmm

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

When Ludwig closed his eyes, he saw darkness, or perhaps nothingness,
and that is where he discovered the tiny beings of light.

Ludwig was certain that these playful dancing sprites offered "guidance"
They could empty Ludwig of his fears at least in the midst of a hunt.

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that metal wolf chaos tease is loving awesome, even if i never had a chance to play the first

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
thank you to this thread for giving me a recap of that insane EA conference. dear god.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that Shadows Die Twice trailer is loving amazing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
and for as much as i poo poo on bethesda, 76 at least looks interesting as long as i can ignore the multiplayer element

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Todd: See that mountain over there? You can climb it.

Brian Griffin: Uh Todd that's the couch.

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
watching the 76 trailer, my stomach sort of sank when the guy unloaded a clip into the big raid boss and it did 1% damage to its health bar

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

lol i forgot fo4 was a dad game, after fo3 was searching for your dad

"well i guess this is growing up" - Blink 182

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the last room will be the black lodge, trapping all the game jurnos inside forever. mwahahaha.

i'm pretty sure that mike doesn't want to deal with that poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the DS in-engine world is loving amazing looking. is that the same engine as MGSV?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

no it's tech from Horizon Zero Dawn iirc

huh. it looks great.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

like the inverse of cliffy b posting his soggy bread dipped in water twitter.

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that trailer is absolute loving dogshit. i feel like hayao miyazaki watching that procedurally animated zombie.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

there were plenty of good games announced or with new info .. seikiro, nioh 2, fire emblem, dmc 5, catherine full body, personally im interested in the new trials game too etc. you all need some light in your lives

yeah, seriously

i also think that switch mecha game could be decent depending on how much i can customize my mech, and how it controls

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

apparently a lot of those names in the credits works on armor core series. I liked the look of it

cell shading is kind of weird, but that basically looked like a more fluid AC game, so... uh, i'll take it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bicyclops posted:

i don't get Fortnite

minecraft PVP was insanely popular for kids from like 2010 to 2015, and now those gamers are grown up and want a mature thoughtful version where you can't just bury a horse

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

i think that's good. all of the souls games are awesome, but 3 felt pretty tired.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's not a whole lot this year that i'm anxiously waiting for on the level of BOTW, except sekiro. but there is a lot of stuff that seems like it could turn out alright.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

Project 1v1 is the code name for Gearbox's top-secret, in-development, competitive first-person shooter that combines the action of fast-paced 1v1 first-person combat with the metagame strategy of a collectible card game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogqah6gc9ww

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a very bleak "lol" at the last 3 pages

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the trailer shows the protagonist getting grazed with an axe, domed with a bat, and the shot in the shoulder while maintaining the furious energy to rotten.com that dude's head off. i'm glad that they're taking a realistic approach to violence.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Get this. Okay. It's But I'm A Cheerleader meets Cannibal Holocaust, but with the beautiful raw emotion of watching my wife drown.

these Cliffy B. pitches just keep getting better and better

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
differentiating your character is cool, but leveling systems generally sort of suck. this sounds way better, and more like a metroidvania than an ARPG

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's fun sometimes, but i'd rather just find upgrades, rather than have to manage a bunch of arbitrary numbers that really amount to "right number of points in vit, end, and my damage stats"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
first of all, one of the main reasons that i like bloodborne is that it cuts down the stats system, and i felt that DS3 was a step in the wrong direction, regardless of agreeing with lyle.

second of all, sand is a naturally occurring cleansing agent. ever hear of whales, dipshit? so, lay off.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
skateboarding games are a genre i'm really confused about dying out, since skateboarding IRL seems more popular than ever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is probably unpopular, but fallout seems like it has potential to be cool, with the way they're structuring stuff and designing the multiplayer. it also seems to have a lot of veterans of good MMO studios behind it, which maybe doesn't mean too much, but could be fun. anything that reduces bethesda's writing in a game is probably a good thing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

it's a hacked together fallout 4 multiplayer mod and they're reusing a bunch of assets

i will not share the enthusiasm...

i mean, you're not wrong...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bicyclops posted:

It's the kind of game that would be hurt the most by Bethesda's flaws, most of all by the fact that once you break into the hidden numbers behind stuff like settlement design, it's not just riddled with bugs, it's weird.

well, i think that's why it has a chance to be good. there's a completely different team doing the balancing, and they're all experienced MMO designers. bethesda maryland is only marginally involved.

• Locked thread