Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

i live in berlin, but i will never cheer for the german team. they are the absolute worst.

Hell, agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Healbot posted:

Someone should have noticed Plattenhardt not gelling at all and take him off after the first 20 minutes for someone like Süle and loving switch to a 3 defender backline with 5 in midfield, but then I'm not being paid money to manage these guys lol.

Anyone could see nothing came out of the Draxler/Plattenhardt side.

Also Müller doing Müller things, and Kroos quite literally proving Real Madrid have bent the officiating body of UEFA, falling down and expecting a whistle everytime.

didn't see the entire game, but wasn't the other flank a bigger problem, i. e. the vast holes left by Kimmich?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Ö2il did nothing wrong

I pledge allegiance to the bling bling gang

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Werner got a simpsons mouf

Lmao

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

really wonderin what the Kroos naysayers' ideal German midfield would look like

Wengy fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 2, 2018

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

elbkaida posted:

Just read his tweets, him dunking on Grindel is pretty great lmao. Did he publish it only in English? The whole thing is very political from a footballer, which is fairly unusual and I wonder what kind of discussion might come out of it.

You don’t have to wonder, the hot takes are already pouring in hard and fast; the Krypto-AfD-Bildungsbürger in the Kommentarspalte on Zeit Online are losing their mind and it’s glorious.

The fact that the letter is in English also seems to have triggered a bunch of people - lmao.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah, super trash right wing tabloid journos such as Bierhoff and Grindel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Maybe it’s my Arse glasses but I thought Özil wasn’t the worst player by far?

Anyway, not disputing that the picture was insanely stupid, but most (!) of the criticism he got for it was just a smokescreen for right-wing rants against Turks infesting the aryan Kartoffelelf. And then Germany played a friendly against Saudi Arabia (lol) and a World Cup in Russia (lol) where DFB functionaries and Ehrenspielführer Matthäus posed with Putin (lol).

• Locked thread