Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

hopterque posted:

I mean, it is a completely different thing for a DFB functionary (essentially) to meet with the leader of the host country of the world cup during the world cup. If the world cup was in turkey and they'd had some shots taken with erdogan it wouldn't be a big deal at all (except to the racists, who are just mad about them in general).

Its almost like context and circumstance make a huge difference, who knew.

I don't get how people fail to realise such basic stuff. It's such an obvious whataboutism, it makes me angry that some people take it line, hooker and sinker. Adjusting for context and circumstance when comparing two pictures (or any comparison in general) is something you absolutely should learn at school. It's such a basic tool in resisting lovely narratives and preventing you from turning into a Fake News Opfer.

Also, totally agree on your second post, too. Emre Can was the least stupid person involved in this cluster gently caress and I get the impression Grindel is an abgehalfterter Alt-CDUler who got his position on other merits than his qualifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread