Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
It sounds like your center is a bit different than mine.

I go in, sign in on a computer and have to answer like 15 questions that have to speak out the entire question for you before it'll let you proceed.

Then, go into a room with someone who takes a sample of your blood via finger prick. Then they run that tiny sample through a machine and test it for iron or whatever. There is like 2-3 things they do with it.

Then you go sit in a chair and get a needle in your arm.

I only had 1 bad experience where they only like nicked or something on my vein and they couldn't get any flow. I only ended up with like 10 dollars. Kind of sucked because at my center they pay for extra for the 2nd donation of the week, and then even more for your 6x+ donation. So that was like 50 bucks gone. Oh, also a big bruise on one arm.

I second the squeezy ball too though.

I'm not really sure it was recommended or not, but I took some arginine before the next donation (since I knew it helped with blood flow when you work out) and I was in and out in 37 minutes. Most of my other trips were 40-55 minutes. The techs were surprised on how quick it was.

Also, put some movies or tv on your phone and some headphones because it gets boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread