Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lima
Jun 17, 2012

I've donated plasma for the last few years. Donating is unpaid in my country so I have no experience with the sweet $dollars$ tho!

I assume you're getting hooked up to a machine that takes the blood out, seperates it and reinjects your red blood cells? My blood tends to flow rather slow too but squeezing a foam ball helps to speed it up. It usually takes about 40 mins for me to squirt out 500ml.

It seems like there's a bigger risk of the needle prick reopening after a plasma donation. I've seen three donors rushing back into the tap room with blood flowing down their arms :v: I assume this is due to the needle being stuck in the arm for longer than with a regular donation. Otherwise plasma donating is a lot easier on the body as you get the blood cells back.

Lima fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread