Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
This seems a bit more gripping than The Bunker. Maybe the choices aren't as complex as I may think they could be, but it's pretty entertaining, and I like Matt's analytical view of whats going on around him as it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Fun to watch, but there's also scenes in things like this that bug me. It's the writing, like, why isn't matt telling the triad guys 'I'm a parking attendant that got held up at gun point to be the crews driver when they bungled stealing a car from my garage. I did what they told me so they didn't shoot me. As far as I knew the bowl was the real one and I have no god drat clue who was putting the crew up to it'. You know, something like that. Or that if triads cant tell a scared kid with a night job from someone with the actual chops, experience, and skill set to pull off the robbery in the first place, then what the gently caress triads? You guys suck. Or the inept police guy. Okay, got it, you got a stiffy for nailing matt on the crime, how about the garage CCTV footage that shows a jackass falling out of a vent and shooting at Matt? How loving hard could that have been for matt to say 'check the CCTV at my garage' and for them to go pull it? Boom, done, gently caress off Officer arrest boner .

Bleh, just some venting. Enjoying the tour through the game. I dig it. Kind of weird comparing it to Detroit which just came out. Way more interactivity there, but I like late shifts style a lot more. Can't say for certain why. If it's the real actors or that it plays more like a TV series or what.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

malkav11 posted:

To be fair, Matt's story is pretty implausible

Yeaaah.... I guess when we start with crooks loving up a car theft and force the valet to join the heist I shouldn't really expect a lot.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I thought from what we learned last time this is all being run by Mr. Parr. I figured the crew was just told that Mr. Woe was the buyer so Mr. Parr could scam 'em and keep the real one and then if anyone catches on to the theft or comes looking, the Choi's(?) the go looking for Mr. Woe instead.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I didn't think that the dating was that exact. More of a line to say 'this bowl was made recently' because what loving dating thing is that precise? That, and may-ling said Parr asked her to make it, so I think the fake was made as part of the lead up for the job. Or during the job. Got the sense that only may knew a fake was involved.

• Locked thread