Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Hi! If you're reading this from the future, you may notice that there used to be an LP here but isn't anymore. This is mostly because there have been some incidents relating to the use of this LP in translation projects. Some have been authorized, some have been not. Due to the ones that have not been authorized, I have decided to wipe the slate clean and nuke the contents of this LP to prevent any further unauthorized usage of this LP in any translation projects. If anyone is serious about translating this game, find a way to contact me and we may be able to work something out.

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 20, 2023

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 20, 2023

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I'm reading. I've been somewhat interested in the plot of this since finishing the other Infinity VNs. This one is starting from a very different place, that's for sure. I have no idea what to think about the events so far.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've bookmarked it and plan to start reading it soon. I played and enioyed Ever17 back when a company did an English translation, heard they went out of business so i never got around to checking for the sequels. Thanks for your efforts to share this one, has to be a lot of work. Looks interesting.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Arrgh, I'd love to play this one, it's really annoying that they never released the translation.

Well, your LP will at least let me experience the story, so I'm definitely following this.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 20, 2023

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh wow, an Uchikoshi game I never even heard of! Definitely keen to follow this.

Aesculus posted:

The main characters Renmaru and Narumi do not have portraits or sprites in this game, except for backgrounds and CG art. For characters without portraits, I'll be using their name in brackets instead.

oh my, how many mindfucks are going to be tied into this, I wonder

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

For the time being, I'd say we have no problem working with this guy, although I would like to know more about his experience.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Aesculus posted:

Since elementary school, my heart has never been so anxious...

BGM: Pubic Safety 12th

Back from the very first post, this link still leads to Silent City, instead of Public Safety 12th.

Aesculus posted:

According to your wishes, on graduation you were assigned to the was assigned to the 12th class of Public Safety.

This part sounds a little weird.

Seaogre fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 17, 2018

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Neither Otemachi nor Narumi are coming across as particularly likable here. On the other hand, it looks like Renmaru and Myuu (μ?) have Langoliers'd themselves into a space out of time where only Maina exists, or something like that seeing how much other Uchikoshi games use time/consciousness displacement as a major theme. If that's the case, then their situation will probably make no sense until we get information that only Narumi can access. So I vote we try Narumi's POV first ('Why is Maina here?')

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Seaogre posted:

Back from the very first post, this link still leads to Silent City, instead of Public Safety 12th.

Whoops, good catch. Fixed.

e:

Seaogre posted:

This part sounds a little weird.

Huh, apparently I typed it twice somehow. Also fixed.

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 17, 2018

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Aesculus posted:

Whoops, good catch. Fixed.

The music is quite nice, so I've been trying to listen to all of it. Thanks for showing all of this off!

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I'll vote Renmaru route, because Otemachi seems intensely boring and I want to put that poo poo off.

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
I'll vote for Renmaru because I dislike boring highschool protagonists with childhood-friend complexes.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Man, the number of mysteries keeps piling up. I wish we got a little more insight into any of these characters before more got added tho. I'm so lost.

It's interesting that the, uh, displaced team is at 1:03PM. I wonder if the time is passing though? Like, does the automated message change to be 1:04PM or is it stuck?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
That...wouldn't really explain anything, but sure, maybe?

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Aesculus posted:

[Narumi] They're twins. But they don't look the same, and they're not the same sex. But it's not like it looks like and it's not the same gender.

The last sentence doesn't really make sense to me. It's weirdly convoluted way of saying they're not identical twins.

I'm getting kind of tired of all this pov switching, especially since each switch doesn't actually produce any noticeable results. When both teams are this lost, it's just tedious.

I'm surprised Otomachi is 32. I kinda expected him to be anime character young, like mid twenties at most.

Regarding Renmaru's team, my guess was that they're "out of sync" with the normal flow of time, rather than being in the past or the future as such. I do wonder how far the lack of life goes. Are there still plants around? Microbes?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Seaogre posted:

The last sentence doesn't really make sense to me. It's weirdly convoluted way of saying they're not identical twins.

Fixed. Looks like I forgot to delete the literal translation after editing that line.

There's definitely a pacing issue in the early stages of this game, which mirrors Ever17 but feels worse than even kick the can since that was at least sort of justified within the context of the game.

Next few updates should hopefully be more intersting though, as they have the first part quantum physics plotdump which I'm sure everyone's waiting for as well as - for some goddamn reason, even more mysteries popping up without conclusively solving any of the existing ones. I guess it kind of combines both Ever17 and Remember11's flaws in a way.

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I can't wait. I love quantum physics! (Note: I do not understand quantum physics and sure hope we're not expected to do any thinking of our own or anything like that.)

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
......I admit this is kind of making my eyes glaze over. Couldn't we at least get a diagram of two trains? Or maybe some train clipart? All the best powerpoints have (barely related) pictures.

What is this referring to?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Seaogre posted:

......I admit this is kind of making my eyes glaze over. Couldn't we at least get a diagram of two trains? Or maybe some train clipart? All the best powerpoints have (barely related) pictures.

What is this referring to?

Yeah it definitely feels like the budget or time ran out at that point so they just threw up a placeholder background instead of making any more art for it. I'll consider making some lovely ms paint diagrams or something and adding them in for that, though.

As for that line, I actually have no clue what that is or how that even got there. Whoops!

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
I think you're doing the lord's work aesculus. I've read every single Infinity and ZE game at least once except this and I'm glad someone's finally cracking this monolith.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 20, 2023

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
Somehow, I was making the plot much more elaborate than it needed to be by thinking Narumi and Maina were the same person. Suddenly, it cleared up and I had one less important fact to work with, ha ha.

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
oh boy

That last message must be some kind of code, right? Is the punctuation significant? Like those dots at the end of the first two lines and the single apostrophes at the end of the last two. Plus, the way the last line doesn't start with a capital even though the other ones do.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Seaogre posted:

Is the punctuation significant? Like those dots at the end of the first two lines and the single apostrophes at the end of the last two. Plus, the way the last line doesn't start with a capital even though the other ones do.

It's not, the game just renders English puncuation oddly since it was made for Japanese script. You can assume those dots are periods and apostrophes are commas.

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Aesculus posted:

It's not, the game just renders English puncuation oddly since it was made for Japanese script. You can assume those dots are periods and apostrophes are commas.

Ah, got it. Then is there something more after "the whole moon turned blood red,"?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm a bit hazy on Bible stuff but that sounds like a passage from Revelations so I'll go with that.

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm a bit hazy on Bible stuff but that sounds like a passage from Revelations so I'll go with that.

Yes, it seems like Revelations to me too. Googling a few keywords brings up:

quote:

Revelation 6:12 (New International Version)
I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

Revelation 6:13
and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

I'm still a little puzzled about why we can't see coma patients though. It was also my immediate thought. I don't think that was explained properly? Maina just says:

Aesculus posted:

It's also a world where we can only observe the outside, say, inanimate objects and such. It means we aren't viewing the present, but all possibilities of the future.

Is it because even coma patients have a lot of possibilities about waking up and doing something? But then buildings and such have the possibility of collapsing. You also have things like street signs in the background, which are probably the kind that is moved in and out depending on whether the business is open or not. Don't those have possibilities and such too? What about the weather?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Well, that escalated. That's pretty brutal, actually.

Regarding who sent the message, I would disregard Kiridera and Myuu. For it to be Maina, you would have to assume she's lying about how long she's been in the future or whatever... So I would guess Chisato. Not necessarily because it's most likely to be her, but because it's a bit too early to start really suspecting the others.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 20, 2023

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It's actually pretty scary to think about, being alone in the world except two other people. Even if there's no immediate threat, just the feeling of having no one you can ask for help, ever...

Also, the solution to the boyfriend problem is clear. Just date each other. You're already basically doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

e: In order to save screen space, the update is on the next page.