Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
RUSH THEM!!! This is non-negotiable.

....But only knock the bottle away. Punching a girl in the face would be a little too much escalation.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
pouring bleach on someone deserves a punch in the face. why be sexist in our righteous retaliation? JUSTICE PUNCH

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer

gegi posted:

pouring bleach on someone deserves a punch in the face. why be sexist in our righteous retaliation? JUSTICE PUNCH

Fine, I will concede this. Two votes for punching

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Rush them and... Nah actually just knock the bottle away.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
... now, if she'd dropped the truck directly on the bullies, that would have been escalating too far. But this isn't Narutaru (thankfully).

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hey, Makoto's not dead. That's kind of amazing.

(Also, holy poo poo Myuu)

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Makoto not being dead is kinda spoiled by there being portraits for her.

I never heard of this game before, so I really appreciate you making this LP.

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
We've seen stopped bullets, minor teleportation, and ?time travel?, but somehow an elementary schooler dropping a truck from nowhere was a surprise. good poo poo.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Oh, it looks like we might finally get some info?

Although, are solar eclipses really that rare? I feel like I've already heard of two in just my lifetime.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Never trust those megane girls. They are always naughty.

I'm actually not sure about the answers. A quick ctrl-f of the page makes me think the last two are star (Makoto is supposed to like starry skies) and "I'm home" but I don't know about cutting her hair. Kitchen scissors, since that's the most "normal" one?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Apologies for the lack of update so far as I've grown increasingly busier with other things. The playthrough isn't completely dead, I've just been going over the first few posts and fixing some errors in the translation. Updates one and two in particular have been completely redone, and I've made a number of corrections throughout the others too.

Regarding the route choice, I managed to find a guide for the game online with a recommendation for route order. Apparently Renmaru's route contains major spoilers for Narumi's route, while Narumi's is mostly self-contained. With that said, Do we want to switch our route choice to Narumi's or continue with Renmaru's? Note that we haven't gotten to the point of divergence yet, so there shouldn't be any real changes to anything if we do.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Probably better to go with the route order that preserves the mystery.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
Switch, unless you think you'll only manage to make it through one route and that it would somehow be better that way.

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Thank you for all the work you're putting into this!

Yeah, gotta preserve the mystery, so let's go with Narumi's first.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 20, 2023

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
I haven't looked at this thread in over a month since I moved back to college but damned if I'll let this challenge go untackled.

1. The front of the plate on the pitcher's mound is 18.44 meters from home base.

2. 151.2 km/hr is equal to 42 meters per second. It would take 0.44 seconds to reach home base.

The other two are too much math for me at the moment.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

What does baseball math questions have to do with RPS and Psi? :psyduck:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Makoto

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Ohhh yes, this is exactly what I felt like reading. I've got no idea what's happening and I love it. Let's check on Makoto.

Also, it could just be a stylistic choice, but it's kinda wild that there'd be that much blood in the tub if a) she'd just cut her throat and b) she survived. I kinda hope it turns out to be significant.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Aesculus posted:

unless I've massively mistranslated something.

It turns out this was the case after all! I've made the appropriate edits to fix the translation. Hopefully this should make a lot more sense, well, relative for an Uchikoshi game.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

The game doesn't count the time needed for the pitcher to throw the ball, so I don't think all athletes can see into the future.

That said, this is an Uchikoshi game, so :shrug:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
I guess it makes more sense to assume they're after Myuu and therefore protect her?

I can see a ton of ways that would actually be the wrong thing to do, but it makes sense for the PC's instincts.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, protect Myuu.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
I was going to complain about how we were only out of the prologue after half a year+, but I guess my initial expectation of a common route was being conflated with Ever17. Good to known we're making progress.

Mundetiam fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 14, 2019

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Mundetiam posted:

I was going to complain about how we were only out of the prologue after half a year+, but I guess my initial exception of a common route was being conflated with Ever17. Good to known we're making progress.

And I mean, this is all being hand-translated in addition to the work a VN LP usually entails, so respect for that.

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
Ah, I didn't know this was a hand-translation. I thought there was at least partial patch released within the last decade before Uchikoshi decided to focus on the Zero Escape series and his following followed suit.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

We're not monsters, let's go with some good old-fashioned robot diplomacy.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Let's try diplomacy first.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Talk to the nice robots! :3:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nuked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Appreciate you sticking with this despite delays. It's an interesting story that wouldn't be accessible without your efforts.