Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I had a moment of hope during the azure cove that they did something interesting. They had Magus suck up blue magic from the seashells so I though that they would have the colour sources be thematic outside of the big magic rocks, but it seems like I was wrong since every other source seems to just be recoloured for every magic type. Though I will "admire" the game's honesty of just calling them Blue ,Green , Red instead of trying to give actual names to the magic types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

What is it with games that clearly will never get a sequel setting themselves up for one at the expense of having an actual ending? Not that I think that Magus would have had a good ending anyway but still.
I really liked the mechanic of grinding down unused gear into raw stat boosts, I look forward to seeing that in a game with outfits worth wearing. And the idea of splitting your mana into multiple pools could have been interesting but here it's functionally just ammunition with a long and awkward pickup animation.

Overall this was a pretty awkward game in general but thanks for showing it off.

• Locked thread