Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It should be "may-gus"! That's how it's pronounced! I'll even accept "mah-gus".

This game's write is so... bland. Every question you ask is answered in the vaguest way with no actual information exchanged.

"What do priests get in exchange for dying in a year?"
- "They get powers."
"What kind of powers?"
- "It's unique to each priest. Now go suck rocks."

Your commentary is somehow more acerbic than in Neverdead, somehow. :allears:

Edit: Also Mines because gems.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm curious how boring and flat the Desert will be.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Have you tried throwing your arms at the spawners? I've heard it's a good method.

Also Desert.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Yeah we might as well do the Burial Grounds next.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Please change thread title to, "Magus, the Lilliput Goku on speed".

I'm really glad we're going back to the mines!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
This thread has broken me, I can't stop laughing.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
We're close to level 30, and it makes sense to have every tool at our disposal when facing a demon queen. Therefore it is in our best interest to go somewhere else besides the castle.

So I vote for the mi-- haha I can't, sorry, I can't.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So, uh, what is the plot of this game exactly? Near as I can tell:

We got thrown in jail randomly, then Kinna broke us out and told us the magic words to say to become a god wizard, then we killed a bunch of dudes to get off the island, then the king showed up and we murdered him, and now it's time to kill the demon queen for...reasons...and our end goal is what, exactly?

Revenge, I think? The Demon Queen is the reason we're in jail. I think. Or something along those lines? There was a scene with the king and she was revealed as the ~true villain~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
With the castle out of the way, let's head back to the mines.

Thanks for showing us yet another bad game. :allears: While I don't disagree with the points you raised at the end of the video, I think Magus was missing the character and visual polish of Neverdead. Not that it makes one game better than the other, but Magus seemed a lot more amateurish, like some senior game design student's final project grew into a whole game.

• Locked thread