Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/app/863550/HITMAN2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brad Shoemaker breathing heavily for 30 minutes trying to kill Santa Claus wearing a mardi gras outfit and then falling asleep on the couch for the next 2 hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will miss the episodic model and will probably wait a few months for the price to fall below 100 dollars but still. GOTY.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The presumably 250 dollar version of the game that comes in a steel briefcase includes, quote, a Rubber Duck and Agent 47's Signature Coin.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

I will miss the episodic model and will probably wait a few months for the price to fall below 100 dollars but still. GOTY.

Yeah i miss the episodic model as well but at least all the people who said they wouldnt buy season 1 because it was episodic wont buy this one either

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i hope his target is the goober wearing red socks and sandals

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mind racing ( ;) ) with the millions of possibilities of a hitman formula 1 level, both kill opportunities and insane NPCs that will be in attendance

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I will most likely pay for the 100 dollar version and recant my never-preorder attitude just this once. Season 1 was just so drat good that I have no problem throwing money for arbitrary poo poo at IOI. They're bringing back contracts and elusive targets so I'm guaranteed to play this for like 100 hours

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Are all the same people making this?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

"Prepare to experience the ultimate spy thriller story; your mission is to eliminate the elusive Shadow Client and unravel his militia, but when 47 learns his target's true identity and the truth about his past, it changes everything."

None of this please

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

"Prepare to experience the ultimate spy thriller story; your mission is to eliminate the elusive Shadow Client and unravel his militia, but when 47 learns his target's true identity and the truth about his past, it changes everything."

None of this please

Want to learn about Hitman Lore?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was all in the last game too but it was 4 40 second cutscenes. I doubt we're gonna see a bunch of Hitman lore.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Are all the same people making this?

its still IOI but i think theres been layoffs since getting dropped by squeenix

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Hitman Lootbox

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

net cafe scandal posted:

None of this please

The story is always the dumbest/least consequential part of any Hitman game. Just beat people to death while dressed like Birdo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’m pretty sure Agent 47 has learned the Dark Truth About His Past like 3 or 4 times already. It can’t be that much of a shock anymore

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Lumpy the Cook”" post="“484829562”"]
I’m pretty sure Agent 47 has learned the Dark Truth About His Past like 3 or 4 times already. It can’t be that much of a shock anymore
[/quote]

This also tripped me up but if you reread it’s someone else’s past he’s learning about this time.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*Agent 47, realizing the dark truth after garroting a CEO while dressed like Ronald Mcdonald* I'm an. . . Assassin. . .

*looks at clown gloves in dark realization scene, begins vomiting*

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

square enix also screwed IO after Absolution because it only sold 4.2 million copies

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

its still IOI but i think theres been layoffs since getting dropped by squeenix

I think those were mostly folks working on Deus Ex I think they're fine

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

an actual dog posted:

I think those were mostly folks working on Deus Ex I think they're fine

It's a shame because that game could have been really good if it was finished. I'm sure the franchise will be back sooner rather than later but i thought those french frog fucktards did a pretty good job all things considered

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1019137126754148352

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The maps in one were so good

dumb bird
Jun 4, 2008
i cant wait to play the last mission of hitman 2 when you have to kill the shadow client and theres an unskippable unavoidable cutscene for narrative purposes and i can effectively only do the big kill just one way. i assume all hitman fans agree that this will be loving epic and good

dumb bird
Jun 4, 2008
honestly if even one map is as good as sapienza that will be effectively worth it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

It's a shame because that game could have been really good if it was finished. I'm sure the franchise will be back sooner rather than later but i thought those french frog fucktards did a pretty good job all things considered

I don't know whose fault it was but the most interesting part of MD was the bob page/illuminati stuff that you see like twice and then never factors into the story again

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it feels like they spent 3 years building the Prague hub then realised they had 6 months to make every other part of the game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

dumb bird posted:

honestly if even one map is as good as sapienza that will be effectively worth it

yah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/hitman-2-dlc-hitman-legacy-pack-announced-includes-all-six-locations-from-original-hitman

Hitman 2 will have all the stages from the first game available to play with all the new gear and systems and stuff in the sequel. It's free if you already own the first game otherwise DLC. loving awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IO ftmfw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only downside is that Hitman 2 is going to be like a 150gig download.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

The only downside is that Hitman 2 is going to be like a 150gig download.

It's DLC so you're not forced to download it but yea it's a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/hitman-2-dlc-hitman-legacy-pack-announced-includes-all-six-locations-from-original-hitman

Hitman 2 will have all the stages from the first game available to play with all the new gear and systems and stuff in the sequel. It's free if you already own the first game otherwise DLC. loving awesome

thats badass

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Goddamn IOI are the best

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Does anybody know what all is new? I read that NPCs can see you in mirrors now and they put in the sniper rifle briefcase but otherwise it seems like it's just going to be more of the same. I'm not complaining because Hitmans is loving epic but I hope theres some cool new systems

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvDV8k9Jfnk

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mr. Sophistication posted:

Does anybody know what all is new? I read that NPCs can see you in mirrors now and they put in the sniper rifle briefcase but otherwise it seems like it's just going to be more of the same. I'm not complaining because Hitmans is loving epic but I hope theres some cool new systems

You can blend into crowds as cover now. Honestly i don't know what else Id even add as a general "system" , i assume there will be a ton of new objects and variables to interact with but as far as straight up game mechanics it feels pretty complete as a stealth game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dumb bird posted:

i cant wait to play the last mission of hitman 2 when you have to kill the shadow client and theres an unskippable unavoidable cutscene for narrative purposes and i can effectively only do the big kill just one way. i assume all hitman fans agree that this will be loving epic and good

That's not going to happen. you are a lunatic.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Hitman 2 going to have Elusive targets? I'm still bummed that I missed all of them in the first game :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just read that they're cutting back on "triggered events" and having a lot more stuff play out during missions in real time regardless of player input, kind of like Blood Money. Even more hype!!