Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Just read that they're cutting back on "triggered events" and having a lot more stuff play out during missions in real time regardless of player input, kind of like Blood Money. Even more hype!!

Awesome. That's one part of the new one i didn't like as much, it made the levels feel a bit static instead of this big machine that you're just a spanner in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
There was a little but of that and it felt weird shoehorned in. Like if you took too long Helmut would stop hanging out by the water and would actually go do the fashion show himself.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, this video is 47 seconds long.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hope the old levels are redone with that more organic progression as well

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Can't believe this is coming out in less than a month. Apparently a preview embargo lifts today so we should see a lot more information this week, but IOI still hasn't shown anyone any levels except for Miami and Columbia which is kind of cool to me. I didn't mind the episodic style for the first game but it did kind of take away the joy of surprise when each mission was heavily advertised and previewed like a month before it came out. Can't wait to jump into this one not knowing what's coming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the last game I'm buying this year. Trying to figure out if I want to max master on each level before moving on or going through in order as a first pass

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to master each level before I move on like god intended. I played 1 that way even though I got it all at once and it was great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to master each level before I move on like god intended. I played 1 that way even though I got it all at once and it was great

Yeah same here, it seems like the way to go. I'm also curious how many unlocks are carrying over from the first season. I think they said already but I forgot. I hope we still have the exploding cell phone

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope i still have my special collectors coin

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also insane that all the Hitman 1 levels are gonna be playable in it with all the new mechanics and engine upgrades and stuff. I wish they'd release that part early as a preorder bonus or something because I'm really tempted to play through it again but I'd feel silly doing it with an enhanced version a few weeks away

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about the Hokkaido map

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hope it isn’t bad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope it sucks rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Preordered this piece of poo poo. Hope it’s trash so I can refund that rear end.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Worm skulls been out of control lately.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Preordered this piece of poo poo. Hope it’s trash so I can refund that rear end.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i forgot they're including the first game..thats loving nuts. ill just get this instead of continuing my hitman 1 playthrough lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That's like free money

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Also insane that all the Hitman 1 levels are gonna be playable in it with all the new mechanics and engine upgrades and stuff. I wish they'd release that part early as a preorder bonus or something because I'm really tempted to play through it again but I'd feel silly doing it with an enhanced version a few weeks away

Yeah they should do this as a surprise the week before release or something. It'd be great marketing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I consider it financial time travel.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hyped for this, havent even watched any of the level videos yet because exploring new levels is the best part

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

glowing brain: waiting for reviews and watching streams of a game before buying
galaxy brain: preordering every game on steam then refunding the bad ones after release

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-ghost-mode/ Hitman 2 is: TPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic costumes

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
no it isn't

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fadam posted:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-ghost-mode/ Hitman 2 is: TPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic costumes

That's a really cool way to do MP, I like the idea of being able to sabotage your opponent's plan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

this is crazy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Throwing a Ghost Coin will attract attention in your reality, but will also do so in your opponents reality." is an awesome sentence

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

:wth:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat this game is a hunna dollar.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

:homebrew:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Refunding that is going to feel loving amazing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wh-! You guuyyyyys, someone just gifted me 100 Steambux!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wh-! You guuyyyyys, someone just gifted me 100 Steambux!

Lmfao