Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

American McGay posted:

It's 70GB for the entire trilogy now thanks to advanced compression techniques. You fool.

Oh nice! That's cool - since Hitman 2 was getting rather big, when I last played. Definitely picking Hitman 3 up on Steam - these changes sound great! Kinda surprised I managed to wait this long, without caving and buying on Epic.
It's gonna be a blast though! I reckon I'll have to speed through Hitman 1+2 as a refresher, before digging into the new content. I've heard good things about the H3 maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its cool they squished the game down but i wish you had the option for gargantuan install because theres just a few tiny things that got lost like sometimes youll hear one npc have a different voice in consecutive lines

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

Its cool they squished the game down but i wish you had the option for gargantuan install because theres just a few tiny things that got lost like sometimes youll hear one npc have a different voice in consecutive lines
I thought it was just totally down to good compression, did they not maybe just not have as much budget for new VAs or whatever in 3?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hitmans 3 is finally half off on steam. Time to marathon this rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Basically stumbled into the Dartmoor SASO...I snuck straight into her office and while I was snooping around for the safe code her and a guard just walked in lol. She didn't hear me throw a crowbar at her guard's head then I walked right behind her into her private room

I'm sure its been discussed in the last year but people seem way less observant in this one. Kinda odd considering they're paranoid world ruling gods and the like. Still enjoying myself though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can get some fun unique interactions if you encounter a target alone without a disguise, since they're obviously aware of who you are and what you're there to do.

Also one thing I didn't realize until way too late is that if a target sees you it doesn't affect your SA status at all. Since you're gonna kill them anyway they will no longer be considered a witness.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think those unique interactions might not trigger with the flamingo lol. Guess I'll have to sneak in with a different suit. Once.

20/20 in Dartmoor, I liked killing Alexa in various ways more than the two in Dubai but I think I like the overall map less. Though being able to start during the family meeting is a nice mastery unlock. Berlin tommorow.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm sure its been discussed in the last year but people seem way less observant in this one. Kinda odd considering they're paranoid world ruling gods and the like. Still enjoying myself though.

that's definitely the case and it affects people in the H1/H2 maps as well since it's presumably an engine thing. Kind of lame but not a huge deal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I thought it was just totally down to good compression, did they not maybe just not have as much budget for new VAs or whatever in 3?

It's a little bit compression but most of it is just consolidating all the assets, they did a pretty in-depth post on it before Hitman 3 came out. 1 and 2 let you download and install each map individually, which sounds great in theory but means each mission needs to function stand-alone so there was a ton of data that was repeated across each download. Hitman 3 doesn't have that option anymore so if an asset is used in multiple missions it only needs to be installed once.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Berlin was ok but lol at the last 5 guys just funneling right into my sights at the end to die one after another as they try to escape

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Berlin is sick. The story element and how they flipped the script on the mission structure is really cool. I also think you only need to take out like 4 or 5 targets to beat it so there's a lot of variance to how it will play out depending on how you approached it.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

American McGay posted:

Berlin is sick. The story element and how they flipped the script on the mission structure is really cool. I also think you only need to take out like 4 or 5 targets to beat it so there's a lot of variance to how it will play out depending on how you approached it.

Lol when I did it the last guy I killed before they all exfiltrate was right by where they run away..so they all ran right towards me and I just slit their throats one after another as they all took the exact same path to my kneeling 47 in the shrubbery

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ol yeller posted:

Lol when I did it the last guy I killed before they all exfiltrate was right by where they run away..so they all ran right towards me and I just slit their throats one after another as they all took the exact same path to my kneeling 47 in the shrubbery

yeah this lol, even if they see you they don't seem to do anything but try and run by

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

20 in Berlin. Part of the 3% of gamers that took photos of all the bird graffiti

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Chongqing was sick. Really want to do Mendoza immediately for the lore but I'll hold off until I get 20 here too

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The berlin big setpiece opportunity is like the best one of all the maps in the trilogy too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finished off 20 in Chongqing, did my initial story heavy Mendoza run, (squashing Vidal in the grape presser in plain sight didn't take away SA, lmao) and couldn't resist just jumping straight into the ending since I knew it was a 5 mastery map. A little disappointed in the last level being a straight line that I have no clue how I'm going to SASO, but the story ending was satisfying enough. Honestly just wish there was more game. That said looking back I didn't max out or SASO 3 of the H2 maps and most of the H1 alternate maps, so there's still a lot to go. And of course I have to fully delve into Mendoza. Eventually I think I wanna no save SASO everything on master but that's a very far off goal that I don't think the game even keeps track of this time around.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If freelancer mode ends up being as sick as they make it sound I'm gonna end up playing it for hundreds of hours

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got the Mendoza SASO, now I just need the SASO from the final map and I'll have all of them in the III destinations done. I couldn't figure out a single way to break Vidal away from Diana aside from sniping her with the emetic gun from the bushes then following her to the bathroom lol. I thought Yates would be tough but he returns to his room with his wife without any guards... Then I got owned on my way to exit.

Had to sneak through the whole house again to get to Yates' car which was surrounded by tons and tons of people. Mendoza is a pretty sick map, and much larger than it seems at first. Prime candidate for an alternate mission but it seems like they've shelved doing those entirely

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Trying to get all the SASOs now to get the cool black suit. Never realised how OP emetic poison is but its kinda sucking the fun out of it. Sniper assassin is fun tho

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

20 in Mendoza. Definitely my favorite map in this game. Now to puzzle out the SASO route on the train

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I enjoy this game and will definitely return to it when the RTX update is released, but I wish the AI was a bit better. I've probably cheesed most of the levels last time I played

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

If you want a game woth good ai and tough but foair combat check out elden ring instead of this soyny trash

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
thinking about doing a summer of hitman since ive never played 2 or 3 and noticing the amount of maps i have yet to even try once with the base game + the dlc. im thinking about going through the maps a few times casually to get some xp and then eventually try to do all of them SASO. how hard is it to do SASO on master difficulty (and professional for 1) for anyone whos done them? stealth games were always my favorite type of game so i want to see if i can pull off the hardest challenge the game can provide and achieve some pure Gaming Honor.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

thinking about doing a summer of hitman since ive never played 2 or 3 and noticing the amount of maps i have yet to even try once with the base game + the dlc. im thinking about going through the maps a few times casually to get some xp and then eventually try to do all of them SASO. how hard is it to do SASO on master difficulty (and professional for 1) for anyone whos done them? stealth games were always my favorite type of game so i want to see if i can pull off the hardest challenge the game can provide and achieve some pure Gaming Honor.
you should just play it and find out.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you should just play it and find out.

its on the to-do list but i have to get through some games first so i thought id ask now in case it was crazy hard, also thanks for the snark its been awhile since ive hit the report button :byewhore:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

its on the to-do list but i have to get through some games first so i thought id ask now in case it was crazy hard, also thanks for the snark its been awhile since ive hit the report button :byewhore:

:ohno:

but yeah doing the maps a bunch of times to get some unlocks/xp then starting to try SA challenges is the way to go, it's a very satisfying progression imo. Once I've SASO'd a map I kind of lose interest in replaying it

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 25, 2022

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

if you do all of the unique kill achievements for each place a potential saso route becomes pretty obvious. a run or two on the middle difficulty perfecting routes with unlimited saves and i dont think any run is too hard.

some of them with multiple targets (columbia in 2) are annoying with only 1 save but are some of the most memorable gaming moments when you pull it off

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never bothered with Master difficulty. While they did make enforcers a lot easier to slip by in 3 (which is retroactive to all the other missions) it still feels like the right balance of challenging and rewarding.

I think it's much more fun to just try and 100% every level and see all the different types of kills than it is to tediously attempt SASO on the highest difficulty.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Reinstalling Hitmen 3 on PC for that sweet new update + raytracing. hell yeah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
spending $92000 to see lights reflect perfectly off of 47s head

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

spending $92000 to see lights reflect perfectly off of 47s head

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Master SASO wasn't all that tedious when I did the 1 maps in H2, so it's probably not that bad in H3 either once you really know the maps. From 1, there are a couple maps like Colorado that will be pretty trial and error and while I haven't done it in the 2 or 3 maps yet, ones like Mumbai, Sgail and maybe Mendoza are gonna require a lot of knowledge. That said you do still get 1 save if you want to use it so if you know the map well enough you'll be fine.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Was a pretty bold choice to make his whole head a mirror texture

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VtTqQ-XJNA

FREE! THIS MONTH!!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WHAT!?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Looks a lot like Haven, I wonder if some of the pirate outfits and stuff from there were intended for a map like this at some point. But Haven is rad and free is free

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
oh bad rear end im gonna have to install this poo poo again

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

But Haven is rad and free is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004