Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just did Berlin today and that's an incredible level, which my first run ended in a really wild way where I stumbled on a special assassination that did not pan out the way I thought it would.

I stumbled on to the club owner shortly after I'd killed 4 of the ICA agents. I knew where Montgomery was and no one else so far. I knew it had said to kill 5 of them, but I wasn't really sure how it would play out once you killed a fifth one since it was my first time through. I decided since I'd basically explored everywhere and hadn't found any more agents, I'd go ahead and do this one now and kill Montgomery through it. As soon as you place the call and sit down you hear over the headset that they know it's you and that your "trap" completely backfires! Montgomery sat down at the desk and brought FOUR other dudes with him. I was like oh poo poo the game actually hosed me like this and then at the end of the conversation hit the kick button and upended the desk and 47 hides behind it. Then you find a shotgun that the owner taped to the bottom of the desk so I decided gently caress it and just started blasting. Since I was then in a fire fight with 5 dudes it meant I ended up killing all of them even once the mission no longer labeled them targets, getting me a bunch more of their challenges and the one for killing them as they try to evacuate lmao. Normally I try to avoid letting things descend into that kind of chaos but for the context here it just felt so appropriate so I ran with it. Really brilliant twist on the formula for the whole level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My other favorite moment so far was my first time in Dartmoor. I'd already been in the level a long time but was still just exploring. I knew I'd missed some events like the detective entering and the family meeting but I made mental notes to check them out next time. I noticed everyone was gathering again in the sitting room so I got to the bar as mansion staff just before Alexa arrived. She started talking and walked to the bar and I was just thinking this would be the perfect opportunity to poison her on a future run when she took a sip and dropped dead. I completely flipped my poo poo because I had absolutely no idea who did it or how. Took a while for me to realize I'd caused it because the first thing I did in the level was explore the outside, including fixing the poison brewer in the greenhouse, allowing the murderer to make and use another dose.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Are the two DLC levels in H2 fully fledged levels with mastery? I was reading they were good but assumed they were tiny.

They're as massive and fleshed out as any other level in the trilogy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WHAT!?