Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

“No title but they’re easy to get and I’ll give you a bill of sale”

“Carbs recently cleaned”

“Just needs <insert cheap part here> to run”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I keep saying it, if you're a straight woman or gay man, bikes are absolutely going to get you laid. If you're not, well have fun talking to random guys anyway

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

shacked up with Brenda posted:

motorcycles make you cool or interesting

Wisdom.

Its scooters that do that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

All of these are very common moto lies, but none of them is my favorite

My favorite moto lie was when a Harley-Davidson mechanic told me that I couldn't put a Harley-Davidson battery in my Honda, because it would spin the engine too fast and break all the valves

Your Honda 12 volts is just 12 volts, but a Harley's 12 volts are 12 volts of HERITAGE

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, current draw is defined by the device doing the drawing, up to the current limit of the battery. Voltage is defined by the cell config of the battery. Spinning faster is a function of voltage, and Harleys are plain old 12v systems, so they wont act any differently. "Bigger" batteries for automotive applications tend just to be more cells paralleled up for more current, which is again defined by the device doing the current draw.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

For content, one of my favorite moto lies:

I'm gonna put a turbo on it.

I have only ever seen one aftermarket turbocharged streetbike out in the wild. It was an oil-cooled GSXR-1000 drag bike that the owner had swapped the factory swingarm back onto in order to go on a ride with some friends of mine and I because his other bikes were down for the count at the time.

I have never seen a more awe-inspiring, yet completely terrifying unstreetable monster of a bike on the street.

It made zero power down low. I was on a GSXR-600 at the time, which also made no power down low and I could leave him in the dust from a standing start (because he also didnt have the two step rev-limiter and other boost building things turned on on the street), but once the revs climbed and his turbo spooled, he would blow by me like I was in reverse in every single gear. He ran with the boost turned down on the street and it was still completely bananas at pretty much all times.

Turbo bikes on the street just dont make a ton of sense and so no one does it except a few weirdos, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It should be illegal to sell a visor that isn’t transitions