Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Well... the weather has been sweltering hot in Switzerland. On Monday I decided to forego my armored gear and just ride in business clothes and helmet. It was glorious. Yes, I was in a terrible motorcycle accident 11 years ago. Yes I still have the scars, but holy gently caress it felt good. ATGATT is no longer the life I want. I don’t know how long it will be before I swap my work boots for crocs. Heaven help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Coydog posted:

I rode through Switzerland about this time of year two years ago and if that is "sweltering" then I don't know what to tell you. I wear non mesh adv gear all summer in the deep south when it's brutal and it's not even that bad.

Go full mesh gear if you like airflow.

Back in the USA I had full mesh gear. Usually Switzerland is pretty mild but we’ve had some epic heat waves. 38-40 degrees Celsius (Above 104 degrees) I’m off the ATGATT bandwagon. I’m on and off my bike 3-5 times a day. I’m sick of messing around with gear when 90% of the time I’m doing 50 KMPH max around the city.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Coydog posted:

Well, you live in Switzerland. I'm sure if you go down they will just give you an Android body for free.

It’s Switzerland, I will probably have to pay for the damage I did to the asphalt. ;-)