Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
You don't need to "push" the bars to turn at speed, just wrestle the bike in the direction you want it to go.
Gear is useless.
I won't speed ever on the brand new r1/Gixxer/CBR1000.
MSF classes aren't worth the money and it's way better to be taught by a friend/whoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
"My brother's ex-roommate's cousin died riding a motorcycle, I hope your family is prepared for you to die riding that murder cycle."

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
It fell over for no reason. Of course I was (not speeding, looking where I was going) and when it got bad I did not (lock up the front brake, lock up the rear brake, lock up both brakes.)

There's no such thing as counter steering, it's a complete myth, just grab the bars and force the bike in the direction you want to go.

If you think you're going to wreck, simply jump clear, you won't get hurt.

Harley Davidson builds the largest and most powerful engines ever made to be put in a motorcycle.

Wearing a motorcycle helmet will snap your neck the instant you get into a crash no matter what speed you are going.

Slide Hammer posted:

"You can't take it on the highway because the engine sounds like it's gonna fly apart!"

A 500cc motor and under can only do about 60MPH and has no right to be on the highway.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Rubber_Funk posted:

"That one bike I'm looking at is the perfect all-around bike and once I have it I will be fulfilled because that one bike will cover all of my needs"

"Guilty as charged"
When possible I've always ended up owner two motorcycles, one >700CC and one <600CC, though I did make it almost 2 years with just the 1250 Bandit.