Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Crazy Frog Racer 2 is awesome Racing Game . Bad graphics for 2007 and not really good control , but this game not for this , this game for fun . This game very funny and interesting . This game even better than First Crazy Frog Racer . I love it because in this game not important graphics and control because this game for fun . Very good game for trash game .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is this?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A friend and I played a bunch of this. It controlled as awkwardly as you expect, but it was neat to have split-screen Starcraft.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The online service goes back to the NES right. their over the air zelda game with voice acting that was available for like 2 hours per month and you had to tune in to play it.
SNES, but yeah. This was also how the first Chrono Trigger sequel was distributed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BRUTAL PHYSICS

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love the Wii U but Nintendo made some bad decisions, such as not having a real Animal Crossing game.

I'm getting worried we'll never see one on Switch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the 3ds is dead so get your hopes up. maybe not this year but theyre putting all their manpower into the switch
I'm more concerned that Animal Crossing is also dead. Also Happy Home Designer sucked which is a shame because it's such a cool idea.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's a new Harvest Moon on Switch but it has terrible reviews.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

didnt animal crossing on the 3ds do incredibly well, like sell several times the copies any other AC did and rival pokemon

fake e: yeah almost 12mil copies to sun/moon's 14ish, and nintendo has said their mobile titles are made to coexist with and advertise their real games on the switch.
Yes, but on the Wii U they made some terrible Amiibo thing instead of a tie-in, so it wasn't like City Folk/whatever the regular DS one was back on the Wii.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Harvest Moon is actually called Story of Seasons now and the Harvest Moon games in the last few years are made by a totally different company due to a legal dispute over the rights to the name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Story_of_Seasons_video_games
No I know, but there's no Story of Seasons on Switch.

What I really want is Fantasy Life 2.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Handguns! Sniper rifles! Swords! ... Tonfas!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Holy god: https://www.amazon.com/Brute-Force-Dean-Wesley-Smith/dp/0345458508

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

A Walden game already got published for PS4 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walden,_a_game
Disgusting

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Was Color Splash any good? I know Sticker Star is supposed to suck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Some of these are fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmao yeah and it had the most awful controls ever. you had a whole control set for your arm and melee was done by flailing around your arm while holding a key to hold a bat or stick or whatever and shooting was the same but flailing your arm around to aim and empty the 1clip completely ineffective guns on things. holding one key to hold the gun, another to fire, and the mouse to flail

also even today no one has figured out how to get more than 10fps out of the game when it was supposed to redefine PC gaming with epic graphics, physics, and AI (btw gthe game looked like this)

Why did you post a Morrowind screenshot?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

same with Drakkhen, the weird 2 and 1/2D SNES RPG that was impossible to navigate or understand and continuously made terrifying vomiting noises

I've never heard of this but I'm reading about it and it seems insane.

It was an Amiga game first which explains a lot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chance encounters with dangerous monsters are regular, and unlike many other RPGs, the player may be attacked while stationary. :psyduck:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Some standout enemies are "enormous" and imposing such as the large, black, stationary canine heads that rise out of the ground and growls menacingly while shooting red energy bolts from its eyes in the event the player kicks the many urn-like markers found at some crossroads. These encounters are quickly fatal if the player's party does not run, or is not heavily armored.[4] They offer no experience points, suggesting that kicking an urn is frowned upon by the game. Another notorious enemy is the powerful "Shadow Man", a tall, dark figure that would unexpectedly emerge from the ground, accompanied by an ominous tune. Fighting this monster at an early point of the game meant certain death, which may cause confusion among new players.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The SNES doesn't use a visual compass but instead tells you which of the 360-degrees you face anytime you pause the game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Drakkhen was developed by a French team, which was then translated into Japanese for the Super Famicon, which was then translated to English and further rewritten with help from the original French developers. To exemplify the telephone effect of all this, the original game contained a French translation of an Emily Dickenson poem as quoted by a mysterious teleporting wizard, and that French translation of an English poem was then translated further into Japanese for the Super Famicon version, and then translated again back into English from Japanese. The version of Miss Dickenson's poem that survived into the SNES version of the game is almost unrecognizable and difficult to comprehend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It was also released as Dragon View.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Behold an entirely new dimension in sight and sound. 3-D!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

seriously, get this on an emulator so you can experience it in real time with the hosed up sound effects, it's a uniquely bizarre game
I have a full set of all SNES roms on my Wii, I'll play some and report back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dragon View is actually the sequel and it’s not nearly as lovely. Drakkhen is a truly insane game, I played a little bit at a friend’s house when I was a kid and had no idea what was going on. There was a speed run at RPG Limit Break a few years ago that’s pretty good
Oh poo poo, really? I got that wrong lmao.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

7th Saga. Also a weird game
7th Saga is actually playable. It's just weird and hard.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Original-flavor Hydlide was also pretty weird IIRC.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We live in a sick world.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This whole dungeon is my favorite part of Twilight Princess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

much better than regular etrian odyssey if you ask me .. theyre making a sequel for p5 too and its coming out later this year i think :-]
I bought it but haven't played it yet, I should do that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I always wanted to play these when i went over my friend's house in elementary school and we came really close to beating maniac mansion and the indiana jones one.

then one day his brother asked him if he could use the NES while we were playing maniac mansion on the computer, and he said "no, it's mine" and his brother was like "but you're not even using it" and they got into a huge fight and started hitting each other, and it culminated with his brother throwing his NES against their brick fireplace. the NES was miraculously fine, but their mom came down and screamed at them and sent them both to their rooms, crying. it was still hours before my mom was supposed to pick me up so i just had to sit there talking with the mom, then the dad got home and was like "what's going on here?" and when he found out, he was really upset and was like "well, this is really awkward! what's this kid going to do for hours?" and then they started fighting, and yelling at each other, and the dad ending up walking upstairs and slamming a door. anyway, the next time i came over, he said he wasn't allowed to play on the computer when i came over anymore, so i never beat maniac mansion or indiana jones. we didn't really have much else in common so i stopped coming over eventually. a few years later the parents got divorced and it turned out the mom was taking a lot of pills. oh yeah.... THAT happened.
drat, you from Idaho? This story is very Idaho.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know if this is good or bad but I like it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

haha. well, to each their own.

*slowly picks up the Aatrek hotline*
There should be more cute games about stupid crap, and less super serious games about stupid crap.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The Mario half of this is really good
They're both pretty good. There was a sequel, Puzzle and Dragon X, but it's Japan-only. The basic mechanics are good but the phone game is maybe the greediest pay-to-win game on the planet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

It would be my favorite puzzle game ever if it wasn't a gacha game.
I'm honestly pretty mad that we never got P&D X.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i love strategy RPGs, so it's a real shame for me that the disgaea series is both completely deranged and centered around grinding
Disgaea 5 is real fun

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Woah, Lunar Knights isn't a terrible spin-off from the Lunar series? poo poo. I need to play it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I forgot about this. I don't understand how anyone ever liked American McGee enough to keep sticking their name on things.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's an actual good kart racer on PS3, ModNation Racers, but I think people avoided it because it looks like shovelware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

its bombed and little big planet karting is like a reskin of it
This is messed up to me