Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shoutouts to konami for destroying a game with kojima, junji ito and guillermo del toro at the helm for pachinko money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Would you shut up for another month bitch.

how about 100 months? mods?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Rogue Squadron HD Trilogy that Lucasarts was like 99% finished with when Disney destroyed them and scrapped everything forever to have EA make their games instead. Also Battlefront III and Empire at War II

christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

from like 2000 on the management changed yearly at lucasarts and switched which types of games they wanted to make, it was a miracle anything was ever released at all

multiple games, including KOTOR 2, were released 2/3rds finished because higher ups decided the games had to be done for holiday season of that year and suddenly the devs were locked into 6 months of crunch hell. lucasarts was loving terrible and i cant believe they were replaced by something much worse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me in 2012: Well, the new star wars disney movies probably wont be good but maybe decent star wars games will be made again

2013:

2017 - ?:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

uncle at nintendo buying his kids a new console and ordering them to never open it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

death stranding will have realtime weeks of scenic walking

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

We spent 4 years making a game stupid and lovely on purpose. But the we took a step back and asked Why?

l;mao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

where is the demand for this random procedural poo poo. who is asking for it.

its easier to copy and paste proc gen engines/code than it is to design levels

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I mentioned this story before, but back when the DC snipers stuff was happening our teacher was explaining it to us and all the students were silent until someone near the back turned on their GBA and the startup sound came on at max volume

lkfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolute classic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imagine DukeVision. The ability to insert Duke into any man

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Thought about this post again today lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I mentioned this story before, but back when the DC snipers stuff was happening our teacher was explaining it to us and all the students were silent until someone near the back turned on their GBA and the startup sound came on at max volume

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!