Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

We spent 4 years making a game stupid and lovely on purpose. But the we took a step back and asked Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Shareholders saw how hyped people were for procgen very briefly half a decade ago with Minecraft/Star Citizen/No Mans Sky/etc and, being mentally retarded shareholders who can only recognize brief fads and who can’t process long term trends, began to demand humongous risky undertakings that are basically doomed to bomb from the start. Same thing happened with all those dead-on-arrival MMORPGs in the mid-late 2000s

some of those were cool and probably would have been successful but the same dumbass shareholders demanded they get shut down when they somehow didnt make the $40 million development budget back in 18 months or whatever

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

they would have been bad

i believe in my heart that one day someone will make an mmo that doesnt suck really bad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

there was a really funny reddit thread i saw on that where people were saying "Who cares its fiction! That means it's a FICTIONAL story" and everyone who responded "Then why not make up a fictional war crime?" was downvoted. this has been your reddit retard update

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thankfully we have hateboard to tie us over.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never talked to my teachers about videogames because I had friends.

I've only had like 2 real gamer friends my entire life lol, and they were into totally different stuff. Everyone I knew who gamed otherwise literally only played CoD or Battlefield or Halo, so I just never talked with anybody about gaming ever basically

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i briefly had a ps2 and a gba as a kid but I had so few games (and almost no access to rentals. rural life ftw) that basically i have only done PC gaming until i got an Xbox literally this year lol. which sucks because I missed out on a lot. on the other hand there's like 35 years of good console games from NES to now that I haven't played and can eventually catch up on, which is epic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

9/11 didn't happen the way they told us.

:amen:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I have unfortunately been made the victim of an epic troll

Awesome interactions

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sick lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

little munchkin posted:

Duke Nukem: I am not gay! I rescue women from aliens. And I have sex with men.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Credit to TLD for showing me this. We got so lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFWRkj0UQKM

They should have kept the tomboy babe imho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

Joan I will literally buy you Chrono Trigger on Steam or your phone or whatever if that helps you play it.

big simpin'

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's true I barely even remember the post I just made

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are these fellers bothering you?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Does my Queen requiyoh Chwono Cwoss.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got the tude now posted:

I would argue you should blow it out your rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BUFF GUY: Where do you work out?
DUKE: At the men's room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

new season gonna be a banger