Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Hope the yarn game is good because I think it was the best part of the conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Fly with me posted:

Is that a skin-tight, skin-colored suit?
Or is that portly Hispanic man trying to pull off Chewbacca without the hair?

Does it even matter if we can't watch a cut-scene of him naked and awkwardly grinding against the player character?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Blarghalt posted:

Also, they kept saying Anthem would come out in eight months.

No way. No loving way.

After showing the same looping clip and the same concept art like five times in a row, all they presented was some very boring footage with some of the worst editing and jump cuts I've seen in a while. They didn't even have a pre-made demo level ready, so they just stitched together whatever.

Ya whenever we see edited cut gameplay instead of a 1 cut demo I feel weary. This is the same poo poo that happened with Andromeda they kept showing concept art and semi gameplay/cgi videos. Either the game runs like poo poo or they are way behind. Also it seems everyone other than Dice has no idea how to use Frostbite.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This gamespot commentary group is trying their best to make the conference not a steaming pile of poo poo but they are all pretty meh on it

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Does it even matter if we can't watch a cut-scene of him naked and awkwardly grinding against the player character?

For DA players? Yes, it matters.
For the rest of us? Yes, it matters.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I missed it, is there anything after this boring soccer garbage or is EA just going out on a whimper?

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Suspicious Cook posted:

I missed it, is there anything after this boring soccer garbage or is EA just going out on a whimper?

You can turn it off now.
You should turn it off now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

Keep watching. Especially if you're a fan of real-time strategy.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Random Stranger posted:

You cruel bastard

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Anthem is probably going to have a spot at the Sony or MS conference so I'm sure there will be more uninspired gameplay shown in a day or two, don't worry guys!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Random Stranger posted:

I'm sure not!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Anyone check if capitalism is running rampant in the C&C mobile game?

What do the transactions look like?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Anthem is probably going to have a spot at the Sony or MS conference so I'm sure there will be more uninspired gameplay shown in a day or two, don't worry guys!
Probably the latter because all Microsoft is probably going to be showing is third party games.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Also, in regards to C&C's legacy being pissed on, Tim Curry said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

wow EA bad what shock

it's hilarious how bioware is betting the farm in a trend that stopped years ago. can't wait for them to try a BR game in 2022

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

How do they have the entire studio working on this one game and not find time to include of the most popular features in bioware games?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Even the EA E3 Live YT channel is saying most of it was poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiXe3HmRvWg

Its over now but hope they put up the commentary.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Finally, asexual representation in a Bioware game.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Maybe the real romance options are the Goons friends you play co-op with

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It seems insane that EA thought that spending so much time on C&C mobile was a good idea. Who could possibly think that would be received well?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legit annoyed I stayed up for that conference. Bland and dull as gently caress.

Oh well tomorrow promises to actually be more interesting.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

It seems insane that EA thought that spending so much time on C&C mobile was a good idea. Who could possibly think that would be received well?

They had to fill their time somehow and they didn't really have much to show

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Legit annoyed I stayed up for that conference. Bland and dull as gently caress.

Oh well tomorrow promises to actually be more interesting.

Microsoft, Bethesda, and Devolver have some big shoes to fill, but I'm positive that they can put on a shitshow as terrible as EA's!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Comrade Fakename posted:

They probably found out the Jedi game wasn't ready to show off the same time we all did when Vince tweeted it a little while ago and had to scramble to put something together to pad out the conference with.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Microsoft, Bethesda, and Devolver have some big shoes to fill, but I'm positive that they can put on a shitshow as terrible as EA's!

microsoft will probably be a good multi-platform show interspersed with some new gears and forza we have to pretend to give a poo poo about

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Microsoft haven't had a good E3 yet so I'm sure they'll rise to the challenge.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

Devolver already failed at being worst in show with Metal Wolf Chaos :911:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ulio posted:

Ya whenever we see edited cut gameplay instead of a 1 cut demo I feel weary. This is the same poo poo that happened with Andromeda they kept showing concept art and semi gameplay/cgi videos. Either the game runs like poo poo or they are way behind. Also it seems everyone other than Dice has no idea how to use Frostbite.

thats funny I thought that titanfall 2 was on frostibite but to my amazing surprise its on the source engine. That kind of blows my mind.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
All they had to do was announce Skate 4. Why

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Big Scary Owl posted:

We're happy to announce Skate: Mobile!

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Big Scary Owl posted:

Skate VR is coming as soon as they develop hoverboard technology.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Brother Entropy posted:

microsoft will probably be a good multi-platform show interspersed with some new gears and forza we have to pretend to give a poo poo about
Also even if Bethesda crashes and burns for the majority of their show the new Prey stuff and potentially Rage 2 will make it worth it. Devolver's also got Metal Wolf Chaos so that also beats EA's show by default.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Devolver already failed at being worst in show with Metal Wolf Chaos :911:

What if it's Metal Wolf Chaos, the mobile game with extra lootboxes?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Everyone here disparaging Skate is in trouble and I'm telling on them.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

What if it's Metal Wolf Chaos, the mobile game with extra lootboxes?

you go to hell and you die

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Random Stranger posted:

Eh, to me what's important in a shitshow isn't how poo poo it is, but how entertaining it is in being poo poo.

EA was a boring shitshow.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Big Scary Owl posted:

hey we can play skate 2 online again that's basically the same thing right? now let's spend a whole segment apologizing for battlefront again

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lock thread, let's all never speak of the past 2 hours again

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

lock thread, let's all never speak of the past 2 hours again

No one in this thread is allowed to leave alive. We're all contagion risks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Blarghalt posted:

No one in this thread is allowed to leave alive. We're all contagion risks now.
Anthem was inside of us all along.

• Locked thread