Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Accordion Man posted:

Anthem was inside of us all along.

I guessed I never noticed the symptoms because it's just so generic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Comrade Fakename posted:

It seems insane that EA thought that spending so much time on C&C mobile was a good idea. Who could possibly think that would be received well?

They focus tested 13 year old clash of clans addicts who didn't know what C&C was.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

So there was definitely a meeting where an EA executive accidentally gave the flying mechsuit shooter game to the BIoware guy and the Dark Star Wars game to the Respawn guy and everyone was too afraid to correct him and here we are

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fellatio del Toro posted:

So there was definitely a meeting where an EA executive accidentally gave the flying mechsuit shooter game to the BIoware guy and the Dark Star Wars game to the Respawn guy and everyone was too afraid to correct him and here we are
this would be the most :smith: thing

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
well that just cemented my belief that EA is the worst publisher. activision is poo poo too but at least they know how to tap into the nostalgia vein and do it well. Ubisoft makes fun games and they seem to learn from mistakes they make. Bethesda has good track record as publisher as well. all EA does is chase trends and kill good IPs and studios.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Didn’t watch the conference, but reading this live thread lose its mind was very entertaining

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

AHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

all they had to do was pay Creative Assembly to make the game for a PC release. but nope.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

all they had to do was pay Creative Assembly to make the game for a PC release. but nope.
Hell all they had really to do was just get a good dev team to remaster the old games and I'm sure people would be happy about that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Steve Yun posted:

Didn’t watch the conference, but reading this live thread lose its mind was very entertaining

When did it kick in?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I am going to do a pretty deep Anthem OP tonight since we have enough information to finally start talking about it (ok, so the conference blew rear end and didn’t reveal anything, but Bioware is answering a boat load of questions right now on Twitter and gameplay on the floor is coming out with a lot too).

It’s stuff like Dungeons/Raids, PVP (there isn’t any), loot boxes don’t exist (and all cosmetics can also be earned in game), and its a lot closer to Warframe than it is Destiny actually. There’s clans too. And a lot more.

I left very uninspired watching that as Anthem is the poo poo I am most looking forward to in gaming, period.

So, basically, I will do what EA couldn’t do and that’s tell you all about this garbage...cool garbage that is.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So I am going to do a pretty deep Anthem OP tonight since we have enough information to finally start talking about it (ok, so the conference blew rear end and didn’t reveal anything, but Bioware is answering a boat load of questions right now on Twitter and gameplay on the floor is coming out with a lot too).

It’s stuff like Dungeons/Raids, PVP (there isn’t any), loot boxes don’t exist (and all cosmetics can also be earned in game), and its a lot closer to Warframe than it is Destiny actually. There’s clans too. And a lot more.

I left very uninspired watching that as Anthem is the poo poo I am most looking forward to in gaming, period.

So, basically, I will do what EA couldn’t do and that’s tell you all about this garbage...cool garbage that is.

how much does EA pay you to shill their games here? I'm looking for a new source of income.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Sun good avatar, the Scion of ridiculous games that are cool garbage. I look forward to the post.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Sun good avatar, the Scion of ridiculous games that are cool garbage. I look forward to the post.

You do know I love only the worst games and I am their harbinger of death friend.

Just doing my deed.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Is it that Anthem looks so generic, or that Destiny burnt so many people that they are way more critical of this type of game? Both?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Honestly the thing that annoys me the most is how bad EA has hosed up star wars. give the IP to ubisoft or bethesda or loving anyone else. we might actually get some fun games instead the same game twice accept the first time was early access.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Honestly the thing that annoys me the most is how bad EA has hosed up star wars. give the IP to ubisoft or bethesda or loving anyone else. we might actually get some fun games instead the same game twice accept the first time was early access.

No kidding. How you gently caress up Battlefront is beyond me. So sad.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

We could have had something like a new Jedi Knight made by like iD or Arkane.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Accordion Man posted:

Hell all they had really to do was just get a good dev team to remaster the old games and I'm sure people would be happy about that.

We live in an age where companies don't even have to make video games any more and can just remaster their old stuff but EA didn't even get that right.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

They could literally have taken one of the Battlefield games and asset swapped it to Star Wars. And they didn't. The mind boggles.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

My issue with Anthem was just that it looked boring. Much slower and less dynamic than Destiny, which I’m only lukewarm on in the first place. Jetpacks can’t save it.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

tbh I don't hate the 30 seconds of Anthem they've shown so far as much as everyone else seems to, but the #1 risk to this game is going to be running out of poo poo to do in a week and everyone turning on it hard, and we're 8 months from launch and the game does not yet appear to even be in a playable state

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

hosed up thing is i enjoyed the campaign enough. I honestly think they should just make battlefield(64 or more players, rush/operations/conquest.) but star wars.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

My issue with Anthem was just that it looked boring. Much slower and less dynamic than Destiny, which I’m only lukewarm on in the first place. Jetpacks can’t save it.

this. it has meh number roll shooting and sponging unresponsive enemies that kinda stand there. the division had the same issue. at least destiny is fun shooter at the core.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 9, 2018

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You do know I love only the worst games and I am their harbinger of death friend.

Just doing my deed.

Well, we did play marvel heroes together for a time. Now to see if anything else happens worth watching this E3.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. it has meh number roll shooting and sponging unresponsive enemies that kinda stand there. the division had the same issue. at least destiny is fun shooter at the core.

At least the Division has running between different cover and stuff. This just looks like you fly to a place, shoot stuff while standing in one spot, fly to another place.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

James Woods Fan posted:

Is it that Anthem looks so generic, or that Destiny burnt so many people that they are way more critical of this type of game? Both?

outside of some giant bomb quick looks i have basically zero interaction with destiny and anthem still looks insanely derivative of what's been popular in video games and action movies for the past decade

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

At least the Division has running between different cover and stuff. This just looks like you fly to a place, shoot stuff while standing in one spot, fly to another place.

this. also the divison fixed itself a bunch and once you are higher level, its less spongey.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The thing is I don't care about any of the details now because their 'gameplay' 'reveal' was bland and boring. The game must be in a really rough state right now if that was the best they could do

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Does YouTube have, like, an E3 hub channel?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

tbh I don't hate the 30 seconds of Anthem they've shown so far as much as everyone else seems to, but the #1 risk to this game is going to be running out of poo poo to do in a week and everyone turning on it hard, and we're 8 months from launch and the game does not yet appear to even be in a playable state

As far as I can tell, that's everyone's take on it. There's nothing there to hate, really, but also nothing to hold on to. There's no hook. It's just a generic video game with no personality, no innovation, and no reason to care. :shrug:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

As far as I can tell, that's everyone's take on it. There's nothing there to hate, really, but also nothing to hold on to. There's no hook. It's just a generic video game with no personality, no innovation, and no reason to care. :shrug:

AAA_gaming_in_the_2010s.txt

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Feenix posted:

They used to, but I don't think they do this year.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the worst part about Anthem today was that what they showed today was practically the same thing that was shown last year.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Feenix posted:

Use Twitch.
Just make sure to turn off comments.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

James Woods Fan posted:

I have never played a second of either Destiny game and don't really know anything about them, but to me Anthem looked painfully dull even in spite of the setting and concept (you're Iron Man on an alien planet) seemingly being custom-made to make me interested before finding out it's a loving MMO and thus doomed from the start.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

You know, this guy was prob the sexiest thing at the EA panel today.

Just saying, we need more fuckable dudes in E3.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
E3 2018 - EA Expects You To Kneel for The Anthem

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

widespread posted:

You know, this guy was prob the sexiest thing at the EA panel today.

Just saying, we need more fuckable dudes in E3.

Discussion > Games > Anthem: You Can (Not) gently caress the Sexy Dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I would love to see Ubisoft take on the Star Wars licence

• Locked thread