Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

My parents have an old mac in their kitchen which only plays YouTube and Netflix and the news, and I gave them Firefox with Ublock. This seems to gently caress up the YouTube ad blocker thing completely, it refuses to play any video despite me doing the update every day and then at one point white listing youtube. It was so infuriating so I opened an instance with the ads on and holy loving poo poo I did not know youtube without ad blockers was that bad. Ads at every corner, ads disguised as legitimate videos, ads every 3 minutes. They chiefly listen to those 30 songs by specific musician type of videos and there were videos titled "romantic classics to soothe your soul for 5 hours" which were, in fact, ads!

I got so fed up I just let them use my premium account (bought from India using a vpn) and turned history off. I'll probably only let them return to their original account once ublock origin on firefox is fully functional against youtube without user input, ad filled youtube made me feel like I was in a war zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

It also gives you incorrect information if it isn't something simple like the weather

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Oh wow, I haven't looked at some of these sites forever and I didn't know valnet owns collider, android police, makeuseof, howtogerk and even (lol) the richest