Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a good Linus video where he tours around iJustine's house/mansion and he finds that her data backup solution is just a shitload of external hard drives and none of it is organized. He builds her some NAS thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's weird to me that Austin Evans is so muscular.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

GN would have more viewers if he didn't speak in monotone. I actually prefer just reading the GN website because I can find the information faster.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

mewse posted:

Yeah Steve has the flinty intellect, moral compass, and work ethic for a successful channel it’s just that someone needs to convince him to take broadcasting 101 and learn a radio voice, and then hold him down and cut his hair for him

I'll stop watching if he cuts his hair

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How is that guy's accent real. Why isn't he some BBC presenter talking about the history of Carthage.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He makes fun of The verge and that gets him hero points I guess. His asian accent thing is incredibly annoying.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chicken looked dry. It's just chicken breast in the oven without any oil or fat.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

well why not posted:

Yeah he always read off of a page. He writes most of it so what’s the big deal?

It's pretty boring

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

GN is pretty good when he collaborates with other channels. I think his videos can be more entertaining if they were more conversational. He could talk to the camera guy maybe?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember him shilling for some McDonald's thing and it was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZE5W97kXE

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He and Greg Salazar (Science Studio) have really cute cats.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I mean it sounds like he doesn't really have to work anymore. Maybe leave the other guys to run the channel and he can just hang out with his family.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't watch either. But Tech Jesus is pretty funny when he's a guest on other shows or if he's just ranting about something off the cuff.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maybe a little more than a tablespoon. Gordon Ramsay uses twice as much and adds sour cream as well.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm certain Jayztwocents fantasizes about people trying to rob him and being able to kill them with a shotgun.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I saw the tweet but I mean that he wants it to happen

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm all about the part where he carries around an assault rifle in public seemingly for the sole purpose of scaring people

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My ifixit kit has magnetized drivers and that's a godsend for annoying tiny m.2 screws. But I honestly don't think I needed 50+ drivers. I only really use like 3 of them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey the job is called "content creator" and not artist or journalist.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tech Deals has some great no-nonsense purchasing advice. A lot of his videos are super long though but he gets really nerdy about bang for buck and I appreciate it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wasn't he having a meltdown/existential crisis about being an online content creator. Maybe merch is the way.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amway sounds like a typical MLM but then you find out about how they take photos of you and analyze the color auras to help you achieve your diamond dream.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"I'm face down rear end up do as you will"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hmm I also went from Aeron to Steelcase Leap. I've been using it for 9 years now and the height adjust is starting to get finnicky so I'm starting to look at others.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just make sure all the adjustments work. Height, back angle, arm height, and the arms should be able to swing out too. And the seat should be able to move forward and back too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This lady has a great and ultra transparent video about the money she makes from social media. She has an article on Medium with a million views and she was paid $19,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwEjZnHszFM

She also talks about it in another video but she has a super popular photography tips video on Youtube with millions of views but most of the clicks came from India for some reason. Those clicks are worth like 1/8th of an American click so ad revenue seriously depends on where your viewers are coming from.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He probably kept doing his Asian minstrel show in bed. God those Lyle videos are insufferable and of course they are his most popular.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Look at dat tucked polo bulging out of his stupid pants. I bet he spent thousands on prepper gear when what he should have prepped for was heart disease.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's a super boring presenter. If he has a written review available I just speed read that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I really hate the sickeningly upbeat, inflectiony stuff. I just want the content, and I like it delivered in audio form so I can do other stuff while listening. I don’t need to be sold on “heh he’s such a cool dude” bullshit, or to be entertained too much.

I find Steve’s delivery perfect. It also makes the rare comedy moments 100x better.

I don't want shouty either but tech people can sound normal like Dave2d and Paul's Hardware. I do agree with others that Steve is much more alive in interviews.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

FilthyImp posted:

It's a minor inconvenience that helps slow the spread. It's also (aside from hand washing) one of the few ways available to individuals to prevent transmission.

I'd much rather go out with an 85% chance of catching it versus a 95% chance. :(

Dude also had some poo poo about not trusting Biden with the nukes and holy Jesus really dude?

He linked to this video and thought it was a fake interview created by the libs. He thought the microphone that shows up 8 seconds in was cgi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0139UytcR8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

an actual dog posted:

He's right though Lol

Try watching the Bitwit video where he "roasts" the Verge video with his irritating racist Asian persona. loving annoying and makes my ears bleed. gently caress hardware unboxed for supporting that bullshit.