Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

apatheticman posted:

LOL they auctioned another thing they didn't own.

(The hot wheels case in the auction)

LTT "Stop Giving Away Things You Don't Own" Challenge [IMPOSSIBLE][GONE SEXUAL][LTTSTORE DOT COM]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

He's the one who took his family to Subway loaded up with guns for reasons I'm still not entirely sure of.

and home depot

https://twitter.com/compgeke/status/1309634616127418369

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

It was 42k subs when the shitshow started and they're down 8000 subscriptions to 34k, almost a whole quarter of their subscriber base. Those are $5 a pop ($10 if you have the turbonerd tier) so they've lost about $40,000 a month ($480k/year).

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol if you didn’t watch all of them, even if he told you to only watch two

i stuck to the rules and am content with picking an entire segment about gamer chairs :colbert:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

EpicCodeMonkey posted:

Unless it's Tasting History with Max Miller. They're always fun and seem decently well researched.

His latest video on weinerschnitzel was pretty funny because he did a lot research on the history and origins of it, and found that every origin story doesn't line up with the timeline of when it was in cookbooks and that there is no real known origin of it. Turns out we may never know the exact origin, but it being "meat covered in breadcrumbs and fried" is common enough that it just sprouted organically.

His cookbook is very good too and has a bunch of history about each dish, he does a lot of good food history.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Jiro posted:

DS4Windows lets you use a dualshock controller with the touchpad on it as a really sensitive mousepad and left click, it can't do right clicking unfortunately.

On my Steam Deck, the Steam controller config sees the left and right halves of the DS4 trackpad as two separate touchpads. For some games I've got right as mouse and click for left-click, and left as scroll wheel and click for screenshot. Not sure if that's in the Desktop client as an option, but that's one option if you're using SteamOS to get a bit more functionality out of the DS4 trackpad.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

slidebite posted:

Better help, not health. Ugh.

Never heard anything about that, I'll check into it for curiosity (Not that I'd checked or ever sign up for mental health care from podcast advertising anyhow)

There's a lengthy video that covers BetterHelp sponsorships. One thing it touches on is a person requesting an LGBTQ counselor to talk about being gay, and instead they get a counselor who told them "uh have you tried not being gay".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUOit_UHEM

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Tzarnal posted:

Recently my work gave me github copilot. While I insist everyone should be actually reading what its producing there are some major advantages in just helping not write quite so much rote stuff. Need to filter a collection on two values? You can write out you want do that in a comment line and wait a moment and it'll work that out for you no problem. Typing out some boilerplate that everyone ends up writing all the time ? It'll suggest what it should be, with full context of what names for your current project are.

Would I trust it with complex stuff , the actual business logic ? Absolutly Not. You are the programmer, you are responsible and you should be solving the actual problems. But drat if it isn't nice if I can just press tab and copilot just fills in a whole complex object creation in half a second.

How are you handling licenses from the code that Copilot uses to generate solutions? I'd imagine any GPL code that gets used to generate code makes it a sticky situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

the iphone was a well-marketed palm pilot :colbert: