Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

Rinkles posted:

Does Firefox finally let you pinch to zoom? The way it worked before it would increase the page scaling (same as ctrl +), rather than give you a closer view.

On Mac at least it works just like you're zooming in on a photo. Doesn't do any layout changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

mobby_6kl posted:

Does this video cause anyone's phone to crank up brightness as well? I've never seen an embedded one do that but whenever it's on screen, the brightness of the whole screen goes up.

On my M1 MacBook Air at about half brightness when this scrolled into view my Mac cranked up the backlight but also made everything else dimmer to compensate. It was pretty subtle and i didn't really notice what it was doing at first. I'm pretty sure this screen isn't a true HDR screen as if the brightness is already all the way up the video doesn't look any brighter then the rest of the display. Still that's a cool trick.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
Watch RMCs videos on restoring a Sega Mega-Tech arcade machine instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6A9IH2bGQ

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

I really enjoy this guy. Watching his slow progression from "I found some old telephone switches. Wonder what I can do with them." to "I have built a fully working telephone exchange with multiple lines and phones that can call each other." has been such a blast. His series of buying old synth kits from the 60s-80s and then fixing them up and making music with them is great too.