Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The bigger long-term problem for Japan, IMO, is a lack of a composure and ruthlessness in front of the goal. I know it's just one guy, but look at Muto's goal scoring record - in the Bundesliga for Mainz, he has a fairly respectable rate of a goal every 3 games or so. It's not great, but it's hardly terrible either, and would probably make him the most reliable, on paper at least, among the Japanese forwards. But in 20-odd appearances for Japan, he only has 2 goals. You can perhaps write that off as international defences being tighter, etc., but from 1 in 3 to 1 in 10? Come the gently caress on.

Also, my ma's Japanese (Tohoku pride!) and my koseki states I am from Shiogama, so I'm obliged to support these diligent losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

World Cup as good as won, lads.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

being serious given the poo poo sandwich he was served, nishino's done enough to get at least another two years out of it

He had no intention of sticking around regardless of how Japan did.

• Locked thread