Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

raditts posted:

Are The Division games actually fun to play, it's hard to tell from the totally-not-scripted multiplayer demo videos that Ubi always does
it's a non-fantasy version of the loot-em-up genre that somehow got AAA attention in recent years

and the division and warframe are the only ones from the genre that aren't dying miserable deaths due to neglect and mishandling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

raditts posted:

Are The Division games actually fun to play, it's hard to tell from the totally-not-scripted multiplayer demo videos that Ubi always does

They're very much like Destiny. There's some fun to be had but the game's structure is in such shambles and the story is nonexistant so its kinda a huge wasted opportunity.

Great graphics and good gunplay though, so it has an okay core at least.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Fly with me posted:

Wait, where was Minecraft?

I'm honestly surprised they had nothing to show from it.

After the HoloLens demo 3 years ago that supposedly "won" that year's E3, anything else they could show off about it would look like a gigantic step backward.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah Hololens is now a product for boring industrial uses

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
They had about 100 xboxes on the stage and used like 12 for people to pretend they were playing Forza, wtf was that about

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Yeah they had a Battletoad in Killer Instinct season 3 and I think in the Xbox version of Shovel Knight. For what it's worth I like the KI song.
The Battletoads level was eventually also added to the Steam version of Shovel Knight. It's a pretty cool boss fight!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bardeh posted:

They had about 100 xboxes on the stage and used like 12 for people to pretend they were playing Forza, wtf was that about

I know, right? I was waiting for that Battle Royale moment where they were like AND WE CAN DROP INTO THE GEARS BATTLE ROYALE RIGHT NOW

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bardeh posted:

I think they're letting folks go up and play stuff on them.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1005946271675215873

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I know, right? I was waiting for that Battle Royale moment where they were like AND WE CAN DROP INTO THE GEARS BATTLE ROYALE RIGHT NOW

Yeah im still confused about that.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Barudak posted:

The arcade game doesnt start tracking damage on the boss until a hidden timer finishes entirely to force you to feed more quarters into the machine

hahaha yeah the Battetoads arcade game had some hilarious bullshit in it

on a related note, I didn't realize there was a new TMNT arcade game, saw that yesterday at the local not-D&B's

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Good thing we have mame then. :3:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

raditts posted:

It's 3rd person Destiny with sort-of-real-guns in the sort-of-real-world.

Basically, you'll play it for a week until you hit the level cap and realize it is the same poo poo over and over.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

I think they're letting folks go up and play stuff on them.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1005946271675215873

I love that they started watching Dragonball and turned into major weebs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
was there any good poo poo from the Microsoft conference outside of a Cyberpunk 2077 trailer

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

spudsbuckley posted:

It's 3rd person Destiny with sort-of-real-guns in the sort-of-real-world.

Basically, you'll play it for a week until you hit the level cap and realize it is the same poo poo over and over.

Yeah Division 1 was really fun at release but then the grind sets in - I don't mind a grind, but it's just the same poo poo except the baddies are all huge bullet sponges and it doesn't feel fun. It could have changed massively since release, but I won't be getting the second one unless they can somehow make it that there are just a ton of enemies to kill or something instead of the same ones that take 5 times as long to die.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

eonwe posted:

was there any good poo poo from the Microsoft conference outside of a Cyberpunk 2077 trailer

Devil May Cry 5

New FromSoft game is Tenchu Souls with a grappling hook

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bardeh posted:

Yeah Division 1 was really fun at release but then the grind sets in - I don't mind a grind, but it's just the same poo poo except the baddies are all huge bullet sponges and it doesn't feel fun. It could have changed massively since release, but I won't be getting the second one unless they can somehow make it that there are just a ton of enemies to kill or something instead of the same ones that take 5 times as long to die.

If you haven't played it since launch, or if you didn't touch the end-game, you're missing out on some fun poo poo.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

eonwe posted:

new Metro game looked sick, new skating game called Sessions that is probably basically Skate 4 looked cool, that fox Zelda game called Tunic looked good, and From's new game which basically looks to be Ninja Souls looked loving sweet. but they're all on other consoles and PC, the only vaguely interesting exclusive they had was Halo and it was prerendered

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1005950106946949120

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
oh and Gears 5 was there if that's your thing but I zoned out because the trailer was 90% emo talking wtf

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Harrow posted:

New FromSoft game is Tenchu Souls with a grappling hook

smgdh if that doesn't make you want to line up for it right now

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

E3 2018 - MICROSOFT: They Called The 4th Skate "Sessions"

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

univbee posted:

????? It's cheaper than Game Pass is right now for a year.

PlayStation Now doesn’t have brand new games and is dependent internet connection.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone mod this into MGSV.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Barudak posted:

The arcade game doesnt start tracking damage on the boss until a hidden timer finishes entirely to force you to feed more quarters into the machine
It's bad AND incredibly samey. There's no platforming which is the one thing that makes Battletoads unique for a beat 'em up (okay, that and bullshit racing). If it wasn't for memes even speedrunners would skip it.

Bardeh posted:

new skating game called Sessions that is probably basically Skate 4 looked cool
I didn't like the controls in the Kickstarter demo right until it clicked with me. Bumpers for turning is pretty odd. Reminded me of Skate about people complaining about it just because it was hard at first. Plus there's a non-Hardcore mode anyway. I will say the trailer during E3 did nothing for me though. I also expect it to be pretty tiny as a full product once it releases but hopefully they'll find a way to expand it (bought out?).

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
the way they presented gears tactics made it seem like such a throwaway announcement.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

the way they presented gears tactics made it seem like such a throwaway announcement.

It was the second layer to their Gears 5 joke

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

eonwe posted:

Dying Light 2 is going to have branching story elements from the writer of Planscape Torment.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Bardeh posted:

oh and Gears 5 was there if that's your thing but I zoned out because the trailer was 90% emo talking wtf

This isn't about YOU, it's about MEEEEE

Story in that series seems to get excessively dumber and melodramatic with every entry

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

It was the second layer to their Gears 5 joke

The real joke is Gears Tactics being a better game than Gears 5.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Bardeh posted:

Personally it never hit the right notes for me. Enemy visual variety is so awful because they stuck to the premise instead of going wild with Resident Evil style bioweapons. Gameplay-wise it's okay? It's very much subdued compared to Destiny because you're a regular human person so you run and walk everywhere instead of jumping or throwing SPACE MAGIC at enemies.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

The real joke is Gears Tactics being a better game than Gears 5.

I thought that was assumed. It looks good and fun.

Be perfect on the switch, just saying Microsoft.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ghostwritingduck posted:

PlayStation Now doesn’t have brand new games and is dependent internet connection.

True but that's not what who I replied to was talking about.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's an X-COM reskin using an IP that most people haven't even thought about in a decade+.

It couldn't be more throwaway.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

raditts posted:

smgdh if that doesn't make you want to line up for it right now

Oh hell yeah I'm 100% sold it looks sick as hell

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fly with me posted:

Ori would do it.
The first game is one of my favorite games of the last few years.

Forza Horizons looks like a blast to play.

Gears 5, while not my cup of tea, still looked good if you need shoot mans.

Cuphead is still an amazing game. DLC will only make it better.

PUBG is still only available on for console on Xbox. And as much as Fortnight has overtaken it, it's still popular.

Just because YOU don't give a poo poo for Xbox, doesn't mean there aren't people who see a $300 machine as a cost-effective way to play some great games, if a gaming PC isn't in the cards.

The key qualifier in my statement was "If they don't have one already". We are working under the assumption that someone has looked at the Xbone lineup to date and decided to hard pass. What in the games revealed changes that?

Ori 1 is already out.

Forza Horizons 3 is already out.

Gears 4 is already out.

Cuphead is already out.

PUBG is already out.

All of these games have already captured the people who will buy an Xbone for them. These sequels or DLC are nor radically retooling the game in such a way that a person would look at them and say "Well, Gears of War 4 was a piece of poo poo, no way would I buy a console for that. What's that? HOLY poo poo, VAGUE PROPHETIC BULLSHIT! TAKE MY MONEY FOR AN XBONE!"

What in that lineup could change a persons mind about the Bone, even a little, from where it was 4 hours ago? Potentially the studio buyouts, but we haven't seen anything from them. Battletoads was just a logo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Huh this is weird, Gears Tactics is seriously a PC exclusive?

quote:

Gears Tactics evolves turn-based tactics games combining signature fast-paced brutal action and character-driven storytelling with customizable squads, upgradable weapons, and of course, massive boss battles. Gears Tactics is also the first Gears game to be specifically designed for PC gamers.

You'd think they would jam together a console version given that games like XCOM work on it but huh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Does Microsoft release a version of the Bone that promotes the gamepass, i.e. comes with multiple months of service? Because like thats their one differentiator.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Most of MS franchises are "oh, that's already been released?" or "I thought that they were at Gears 6 already".

They are a multi-billion dollar games company with exclusives that have about as much impact as a Chinese F2P Steam game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

You and your buddy go to hell and the only way out is to go on a pub crawl and outdrink Satan.

It looks awesome.

you can never out drink satan

• Locked thread