Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

toasterwarrior posted:

Hasn't Capcom been the notable exception for Japanese devs in terms of PC ports ever since the RE4/DMC3 initial port debacles? RE5 and DMC4 had fantastic ports, and that seems to have been the case for every game moving onwards.

MHW's port was pointlessly demanding for the quality of visuals and I'm concerned that DMCV will be the same since it looks so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

MHW's port was pointlessly demanding for the quality of visuals and I'm concerned that DMCV will be the same since it looks so good.

Monster Hunter World's performance is kinda wonky on consoles too, while DMCV seems pretty stable. We've also seen ports using the RE Engine coming to the PC before (Resi7) and from what I can tell, they run pretty well. I'm not very worried at this point.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
MHW is also a very different game. Not only it runs on an entirely different engine, but the open world stuff makes it a lot more technically challenging than DMCs small encounters in small spaces

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RE7 had a good port afaik and DMCV runs on the same engine so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

DANTE'S DICK

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
DMC4’s PC port was so good it became the definitive edition of the game when they rereleased it on PS4, I’m not worried.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

DMC4’s PC port was so good it became the definitive edition of the game when they rereleased it on PS4, I’m not worried.

I suck horribly at playing Virgil and given how much everyone raves about him, I feel like I must just be awful at the game.

By comparison Nero is just so.... easy to play.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Are you constantly spamming swords? That’s huge.

Air Trick in crowds, slowly walk towards single enemies.

In general Vergil is about dominating a single enemy while incidentally softening up their friends, and unlike Dante, I think Vergil works better if you clear the little trash first then focus on the big guys last.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
https://twitter.com/VG247/status/1082445531937427456
loving BOO!!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cock jiggle or riot!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just beat the DMC1 (HD) for the first time since I beat the game once for the PS2. I'd say the gameplay still holds up quite well even if the camera and platforming are pretty lovely. The VAs are wonderfully corny and I appreciate the lack of story. Holy hell are Knightmare and Mundus lovely bosses, though.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I hope the PC port for this is deece as Capcom's history has been iffy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2TG4c7REaM

runs 60-100+fps at 4k w/ amd's equiv of a rtx 2080

RE engine in general is wildly optimized, RE7 runs super well

the only really poorly performing pc things that capcom has are the end versions of MT framework which are super hacked together to include a bunch of modern graphical poo poo that it doesn't support well (see: MHW, 4se)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Fereydun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2TG4c7REaM

runs 60-100+fps at 4k w/ amd's equiv of a rtx 2080

RE engine in general is wildly optimized, RE7 runs super well

the only really poorly performing pc things that capcom has are the end versions of MT framework which are super hacked together to include a bunch of modern graphical poo poo that it doesn't support well (see: MHW, 4se)

Very nice, I have a 2080 RTX myself and can't wait for the insane :pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming: experience (at a humble 1440p).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Seeing how well RE2 runs on PC has really dampened my worries about how DMC V is going to run that poo poo ran beautifully.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

Seeing how well RE2 runs on PC has really dampened my worries about how DMC V is going to run that poo poo ran beautifully.

The stated system requirements for DMC5 are higher that for RE2 but they are close enough that if RE2 runs at rock solid 60 then DMC5 should theoretically be close enough.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My system was running RE2 at around 90fps uncapped, though for DMCV I'd much rather limit it to a rock-solid 60.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/devilmaycry_jp/status/1085449874567421952

:allears:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm playing through DMC3 for the first time. If I pick Yellow mode to get the cheevo, is there any way to take my progress from this mode into Gold when I unlock Hard mode?

Also, who are the best DMC Youtube people? I remember someone posted some insane Japanese player who posted videos of him dominating games like DMC, Bayo, Nioh, etc.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

fadam posted:

I'm playing through DMC3 for the first time. If I pick Yellow mode to get the cheevo, is there any way to take my progress from this mode into Gold when I unlock Hard mode?

I think unlocking difficulties carries over across save files, but you will have to start a new save file to switch to gold.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

fadam posted:

Also, who are the best DMC Youtube people? I remember someone posted some insane Japanese player who posted videos of him dominating games like DMC, Bayo, Nioh, etc.

This person?

https://www.youtube.com/user/donguri990/videos

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

When I get time I can try to make a decent list. There's so many and they're all sperate from each other and most rarely post.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

These are rad, thanks!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Check out AccountingNightmare's fantastic LPs of the Devil May Cry games where she plays through the games on Dante Must Die difficulty with a fresh character. She also occasionally streams them as well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/nama29_m/status/1087790232685096960

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

System Requirement for PC have been updated:

Here's hoping that "Recommended" actually means "Max Settings 1080p/60".

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

System Requirement for PC have been updated:

Here's hoping that "Recommended" actually means "Max Settings 1080p/60".

It's the same requirements as RE2make and the demo of that runs real smooth.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Cock jiggle or riot!

I didn't know I wanted to this feature but now I know I do.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
:peanut: next month :peanut:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Pomp posted:

:peanut: next month :peanut:

This or Sekiro, that's the question...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mordja posted:

Why not both

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll prob throw up a new thread with an actual OP next week

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yes, but which one first??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
DMC comes out like 3 weeks ahead of Sekiro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mordja posted:

Yes, but which one first??

DMCV will probably take less time to play through the first time though who knows with the different characters

I’ve been playing through the DMC games basically for the first time, 1 was great, I gave up on 2 after 20 minutes because it was insanely bad, and 3 is loving Awesome although KH3 has interrupted my playthrough. I’m starting to get super hype about DMCV although I have to finish 3 and play 4 first

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

I'll prob throw up a new thread with an actual OP next week

Do it when the demo comes out on the 8th.

Mordja posted:

Look you'll be to busy styling on demons to need food.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't think I've been this excited for a game in a long time.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nero playing with himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Apparently the DMCV artbook confirms that Nico is Agnus' daughter.