Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jack Trades posted:

Apparently the DMCV artbook confirms that Nico is Agnus' daughter.

Is out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I think he means the added DMC5 stuff in the re-release special edition of the old artbook. It has new stuff from DM 4 SE and 5.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RBX posted:

I think he means the added DMC5 stuff in the re-release special edition of the old artbook. It has new stuff from DM 4 SE and 5.

Yeah, I just found the quote

https://twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1091843355636584454

That's actually pretty cool. I hope Udon translates the updated version as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The poo poo eating grin must be hereditary

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, I just found the quote

https://twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1091843355636584454

That's actually pretty cool. I hope Udon translates the updated version as well.

Anyone know if there's plans for an English release?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've been waiting ever since it was announced in Japan last year but it doesn't seem like it. Maybe after 5 comes out

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
the stuttering evil moth demon theater kid has managed to gently caress before dante ever did

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I know it won't happen but I'd love if Dante did another musical number somewhere in 5 and Nico happens to be there and she absolutely hates it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

the stuttering evil moth demon theater kid has managed to gently caress before dante ever did

Being in theater club is like being in fight club, but with loving

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Barudak posted:

Being in theater club is like being in fight club, but with loving

So it's like Fight Club.
( :thejoke: )

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

toasterwarrior posted:

When you bang bang bang, but she still pulling your devil trigger.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 5, 2019

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

When you bang bang, but she still pulling your devil trigger.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Does anyone know if the Feb. 7th PS4 demo will go live at midnight?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Trophies have leaked

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta let it out GOTTA LET IT OUT

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Goddamn that's a weirdly spoiler-free trophy list. It's just "the boss in X mission" or "a certain wall", what the hell.

Appreciating the references to lesser-known Kabbalah material though.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Gotta let it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pShVxLXdXO4

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Not gonna travel to New Zealand, might as well wait til tomorrow to play the Demo. I played it on Xbox already so I can wait.

Anybody else download it early?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR355CwNUww

:allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BBGamingYT/status/1093168141641936897

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'll wait to post my full thoughts tomorrow when I'm in front of a keyboard, but I've played through the demo twice now and it's like the end of the demo says:

Devil May Cry is BACK

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Where can you even find the demo on PS4? All I can see is the pre-order page for the full game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Whoa!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I thought those achievements looked like a nice change of pace and then I saw "Get S Rank on all missions on all difficulties"

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Should be interesting to see how they tweaked this,especially since they glossed over DMC2 in the Japanese recap. I wonder what they kept something is clearly getting retconned (or added to since DMC2 has like zero story)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

SirKibbles posted:

Should be interesting to see how they tweaked this,especially since they glossed over DMC2 in the Japanese recap. I wonder what they kept something is clearly getting retconned (or added to since DMC2 has like zero story)

"He went to hell, came back and now has a motorcycle that turns into two axes. the end"

Joker :kimchi:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/757934/Devil-May-Cry-5-Capcom-almost-had-Dante-wield-a-saxophone-use-figure-skating-weapons

God dammit!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm 90% sure Bayonetta had an angel that blew a trumpet at you that attacked you with notes

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Nevan basically attacks through notes, Capcom is a bunch of cowards and FOOLS

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

SirKibbles posted:

DMC2 has no story and affects nothing so I'm 99% sure this was only changed to make the numbering less confusing so it's 3-1-2-4-5 instead of 3-1-4-2-5.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It still fails to answer the question of what bet Dante lost to refuse to emote during all of DMC2

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I assume this means 5 will reference 2 in some way, or it wouldn't wouldn't have come up.

I thought the previous ordering with no consecutive numbers was kind of funny.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Peewi posted:

I assume this means 5 will reference 2 in some way, or it wouldn't wouldn't have come up.

I thought the previous ordering with no consecutive numbers was kind of funny.

They had to change it because canonically DMC2 was supposedly set far enough in the future that it was “The End” of the timeline, so now instead of Dante’s last mission being a dirty wet fart his last mission is whatever this awesome game is gonna be.

Also absolutely nothing of significance occurs in DMC2 so there’s no kerfluffle of timeline, and honestly many of us had internalized this change when DMC4 came out anyway

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 7, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What if Dante dies at the end?
:ohdear:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Bust Rodd posted:

They had to change it because canonically DMC2 was supposedly set far enough in the future that it was “The End” of the timeline, so now instead of Dante’s last mission being a dirty wet fart his last mission is whatever this awesome game is gonna be.

Does that really mesh with 5 originally being set after 2 in the first place at the end of this current timeline?

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

toasterwarrior posted:

Nevan basically attacks through notes, Capcom is a bunch of cowards and FOOLS

And electric bats. Notes and electric bats.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Turning the madam of a demon brothel into a sick guitar that can kick demon rear end was a perfect fit for DMC3 Dante and getting a sax alternative for it in DMC5 would've been another really cool way to show character growth.
It's a shame they didn't do that but on the other hand he do get a twin chain-axe motorcycle, so I can't complain too much.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Anyone playing on a regular PS4? Is the framerate choppy or is it just my imagination? The screen shakes so much all the time it's hard to tell.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Special devil trigger combo with the scramasaxophone, Dante just belts out Careless Whisper in its entirety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the saxophone itself doesnt deal any damage but the pelvic thrusts while you're playing are devastating